“I accept on your part it should not be described as road rage.”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There is no evidence that the rider kicked the car, the evidence about the damage that cost £300 was not submitted. In a court case where two people tell different stories one must be lying.
My money is the liar is the one with the car with no MoT

actually two people telling different stories can mean BOTH are lying.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Aye that car ended up in a shop.

It's only 'valid' while the car is on the testers premises. It's.possible to have a perfect car with no MOT, or an old knacker with Fred Flintstone floors and 6 months MOT. It's a document, nothing more.

If things are that desperate the effort is better invested in trying to say save one's bacon , not kicking the vehicle. It's simply an act of thuggery.

Just saying.
How would you suggest one saves ones bacon? Write a letter to complain, start a petition or contemplate a route change that wasn't taken? Maybe take hands off bars and wave frantically? How close does a car have to be to be dangerously close? How close does a car have to be to be able to kick it?
Would it be preferable to go over the edge of a cliff to avoid risking damaging the car?

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I'd be interested to now why the cyclist thought it necessary to kick the car. I very much doubt the incident started at that point.

Me too.
I think the most probable scenario was the Audi got too close to the cyclist and he kicked the car. Not that that excuses the driver but the cyclist has no right to damage the car and should have been prosecuted as well

jarlrmai

Veteran
If a car was closing in on my rear right hand side and I had nowhere to go (say to my left there is a kerb with a metal fence) I would probably kick the car as a last ditch measure to try and stop myself being crushed.

However the case mentions not why this happened it is however highly unlikely that a cyclist rode up the inside of a car and kicked it for absolutely no reason, although e-bike aspect of this case possibly makes it a little different especially if it were unlimited (did anyone check, and if it was unlimited did the rider have the relevant documents and insurance?)

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Sadly, don’t pass too close to a cyclist or you’re likely to have a side panel kicked in, would probably have a far greater impact on driver behaviour than all the close passing campaigns money can buy.

D

Deleted member 26715

download.jpeg

I'm surprised she wasn't prosecuted for her hair do!!

Top Bottom