Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Specialized Allez Elite

• Boardman Team

• Mekk A1 Pinerolo AL 1.0

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Although all the bikes you listed are great bikes in their own ways, you must appreciate that you level of fitness will by large determine how fast you go.
In terms of a fast bike, you will ultimately be faster on one that fits you well and is comfortable.

In terms of bike specifications, a technically fast bike is not cost effective at all, a set of Zipp firecrest clinchers which are highly regarded stiff, light and fast wheels can cost in excess of the budget allocated for these bikes... So in terms of bike specification the ultimate question is how fast you can afford to go?? - Sorry but you don't get a Ferrari with Fiat money.
I would advise training hard as its cheaper and ultimately more satisfying when you get great race results.
I would also like to clarify that a technically fast bike is no assurance of better race performance. I know this from personal experience.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I'm also curious to know what you mean by a 'fast bike' what does a bike require to be fast in your eyes?

In meny bike reviews usually they will specify if its a sportive or race bike ect. By fast i mean somthing built to race im sorry if any one thought otherwise.
The fella in my lbs who sorted me out said this was a very good bike and racier than the defy. It has carbon forks that end at the handlebars apparently and the size of the tube that holds the handlebars where it meets the fork is mahoosive. He said that made a difference to shock absorption, it certainly looked impressive.

OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
bruith we do but do you ......

and i do not mean this to sound nasty
Look im sorry if i come across as extremely new to all of this but its because i am. I posted in the beginner section for a reason to get the help of you guys, Im just looking for a road racing bike under £1000 by that i mean criteriums or sportive's, i realize to go fast i need to be "fast" i just ask the best price to performance ratio.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
bruith ok understand above . but why spend 1k . a good 2nd hand bike will do the same job especially for a novice .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Bruith, truth be told, your best bet is to go into a few bike shops and test ride a few bikes, then when you have a small selection you like, that fit well, ask peoples opinions on those. Otherwise all you get it a load of people telling you to buy the same bike they have!

TBH though, you could race the Felt.

OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
Bruith, truth be told, your best bet is to go into a few bike shops and test ride a few bikes, then when you have a small selection you like, that fit well, ask peoples opinions on those. Otherwise all you get it a load of people telling you to buy the same bike they have!

TBH though, you could race the Felt.
Thank you robert well spoken.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Hard to look past this mainly as it's fairly easy to test one. Both the showroom and Boucher Shop have them on display. The former has one on a turbo.

But that should really be said for any bike purchase. If you can't ride it - don't buy it

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In my humble opinion, I'd go for the Boardman, but hey, what do I know? Its best to try them all beforehand if possible (which isn't always easy with Boardmans, I admit), as what may be right for others may not be for you (says me who out his first serious bike off Ebay, and I love it). Sorry.

.....Besides, I'm slightly more impressed by your smiling faces in the thread title! :laugh::blush:

Top Bottom