Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Specialized Allez Elite

• Boardman Team

• Mekk A1 Pinerolo AL 1.0

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Race the bike you have now. Get some experience. You'll start to work out what you need from that. At 4th cat level the bike you're on makes no difference to your performance. Decent tyres will make a small difference.

By the time you've done five races, you'll have more experience than 80% of the people who have posted here thus far. You'll work out what bike you need by yourself.

Reactions: mip
OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
In my humble opinion, I'd go for the Boardman, but hey, what do I know? Its best to try them all beforehand if possible (which isn't always easy with Boardmans, I admit), as what may be right for others may not be for you (says me who out his first serious bike off Ebay, and I love it). Sorry.

.....Besides, I'm slightly more impressed by your smiling faces in the thread title! :laugh::blush:
Thank you. oh and here ( http://fsymbols.com/emoticons/ ) enjoy ಥ_ಥ

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Race the bike you have now. Get some experience. You'll start to work out what you need from that. At 4th cat level the bike you're on makes no difference to your performance. Decent tyres will make a small difference.

By the time you've done five races, you'll have more experience than 80% of the people who have posted here thus far. You'll work out what bike you need by yourself.

By the time he has done 1 he will have more experience than me (I don't do bunch races, I like going in a straight line as fast as possible, lol)!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I seriously doubt that Robert.. Your being to modest.

As I said, I don't do bunch racing so other than chaingang experience, I don't have much by way of racing skill. I only do time trials (and occasionally hill climbs) which usually involve going as fast a possible in a straight line with minimal bends or technical sections and I usually finish somewhere between the top half and the top third in open events, i.e. my ability is middle of the road!

VamP

Banned
Funnily enough it's the TTs and hill climbs where you can buy yourself some speed with the right equipment. Road races not so much.

OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
Funnily enough it's the TTs and hill climbs where you can buy yourself some speed with the right equipment. Road races not so much.
Thank you VamP what do you think of the scott speedster 20 seems to be pretty well reviewd unless you have any other suggestion ill order it within the next 2 hours

Ciar

Veteran
Thanks for that... well said from "advanced" to begginer thanks for all the help guys................ I was looking for honest advice on a price to preformance bike all i got so far was 85% sarcasm 15% acknowledgment

In all honesty mate, i was actually replying to the above poster, so my apologies you picked my reply instead of the 10 before me, I don't race but if i did i would either stick with the bike I have been riding for the last 5 months try that if it didnt work out then try something new, but new is not £1000 as others have stated visit shop try bikes, see what you really enjoy but you don't need to spend that sort of money to find something to suit you.

either way i truly hope you find a bike that you like, i myself can't help and was having a jest :/

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Sure is, when you feel down on yourself and your performance, you can go online and buy a few watt savings :tongue:

OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
In all honesty mate, i was actually replying to the above poster, so my apologies you picked my reply instead of the 10 before me, I don't race but if i did i would either stick with the bike I have been riding for the last 5 months try that if it didnt work out then try something new, but new is not £1000 as others have stated visit shop try bikes, see what you really enjoy but you don't need to spend that sort of money to find something to suit you.

either way i truly hope you find a bike that you like, i myself can't help and was having a jest :/
Don't worrie Ciar im just pissed off this is an important purchase to me and don't whant to spend my savings on somthing that will make me completely regret getting into cycling in the first place. Im truly sorry.

VamP

Banned
Thank you VamP what do you think of the scott speedster 20 seems to be pretty well reviewd unless you have any other suggestion ill order it within the next 2 hours

If you're happy to buy online why not look at one of the Canyon ALU machines? You get so much more for your cash. The ALU Ultimate is actually one of the best ALU frames going, and same race focused geometry as the more expensive CF Ultimate SLX. Very light too, and all Canyons come with great wheelsets.

OP
OP
B

bruith

Regular
If you're happy to buy online why not look at one of the Canyon ALU machines? You get so much more for your cash. The ALU Ultimate is actually one of the best ALU frames going, and same race focused geometry as the more expensive CF Ultimate SLX. Very light too, and all Canyons come with great wheelsets.
Taking a look now again thank you.

Top Bottom