恭喜发财 gōng xǐ fā cái

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
Happy Chinese New Year to all those celebrating. Look forward to many Ox tales in the year to come.

PS. Where are you Joni? :tongue: (And Burns Night last evening...tut tut):smile:

I found an Ox tail (or rather, the bones from it) whole, in an archaeological assemblage I recorded. A nice find, since most animal bone is chopped up bits and pieces.

Yeah, I might have the black pudding with rice - although I have half a tin of tuna that needs using up, so I might have that tonight, and the black pudding tomorrow.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
But what is this moon cake? Savoury, sweet?

Moon Cake.
Savory and sweet.

yenrod

I thought it was the year of the Rat ! :wacko: i'm a Rat in chinese astrology thankfully not a dirty Rat - well mostly under the covers but sometimes out of 'em too !!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
yenrod said:
I thought it was the year of the Rat ! :laugh: i'm a Rat in chinese astrology thankfully not a dirty Rat - well mostly under the covers but sometimes out of 'em too !!!

That was last year. Fellow rat.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hey Keith- Happy New Year!!
Another one for Kung Hai Fat Choy!

I reckon Hong Kong would be a fantastic place to celebrate the New Year!

Hope you're having a good break!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah old thread - thanks for pointing that out Vernon...I'm jetlagged but that is very early..doh!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I reckon (with pies+vernon in mind) the fact that some mooncakes have an egg in the middle, (see pic1) makes them a bit like Gala Pie (see pic 2) ^_^
220px-Lotus_seed_paste.jpg

Gala-pie-007.jpg

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I reckon (with pies+vernon in mind) the fact that some mooncakes have an egg in the middle, (see pic1) makes them a bit like Gala Pie (see pic 2) ^_^
220px-Lotus_seed_paste.jpg

Gala-pie-007.jpg
They look the same but taste different

It's the salted duck egg yolk and lotus paste combo that can be strange - the sweet with the savoury is not to everyone's taste.

The ones without egg yolk might be easier on the palate

Maz

Guru
Looks like there are as many varieties of moon cake as there are of Indian mithai (sweets).

Top Bottom