🇮🇹 🚴‍♂️ Ciao! Yorkshireman in Umbria, Italy

Have you cycled in Italy?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hudson

It's 20years ago since I (we) left the UK.

The vast majority of that time has been spent here on the Umbria Tuscany border around 90mins from Firenze. I took up cycling again around 6 years ago. We have a tour operator business. For the first few years, we focused on skiing.

Then our ski rental partner in the Dolomites made me ride one of his eMTB's.

On my first ride, I giggled all the way up the 800m climb, and I haven't stopped giggling since - we call it an e-Smile! Now we have a summer cycling business in Tuscany, Umbria and Emilia Romagna.

But guess what?

For my 60th birthday last October, my business colleagues surprised me with the first muscle bike that I have owned since I was 16 or so. I love it! Last year we made a few YouTube videos with Leonard Lee. You can watch the Tuscany videos riding e-Road bikes here and the Emilia Romagna videos riding Pinarello's here.

I am hoping to continue the growth of my cycling knowledge through this forum. I will, no doubt ask a few stupid questions along the way!

Happy to be here! And Grazie very much!
Tim

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Benvenuto! Ho studiato Italiano tanti anni fa e, quando ero giovane, ho passato sei mesi a Firenze, studiando! E un paese che (chi?) mi manca molto.

battered

Guru
Benvenuto di mio anche. No parlo verramente Italiano, mi dispiaci, essayo imparare. Passo di tempi a Calabria, quando e permesso.
If this is so mangled as to be incomprehensible, sorry. I just make it up from my knowledge of French, this being a language that I *do* speak.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Benvenuto di mio anche. No parlo verramente Italiano, mi dispiaci, essayo imparare. Passo di tempi a Calabria, quando e permesso.
If this is so mangled as to be incomprehensible, sorry. I just make it up from my knowledge of French, this being a language that I *do* speak.
This is the very coolest mix of French and Italian. I salute you!

alicat

Legendary Member
Ey up! 'ow do? Trusting you will still understand that! What part of God's own county do you hail from? What prompted the move to Italy?

OP
OP
Tim Hudson

Tim Hudson

Ey up! 'ow do? Trusting you will still understand that! What part of God's own county do you hail from? What prompted the move to Italy?

The capital - York.
My wife and I first came to Italy together in 1990 as hang glider pilots. We fell in love with the place. Life has been kind and we bought a house here in 2000. Life moved somewhat quicker than expected and we landed here permanently in 2003. Just love it!

OP
OP
Tim Hudson

Tim Hudson

That must be some kind of record, surely.
Funnily enough, I landed on a farm near Assisi. The old folks thought that I had actually flown from the UK:notworthy:!

Top Bottom