+1 more.......... *grins*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Another winter hack. Raleigh Record Sprint, dates from 1983 with Reynolds 501 tubing. I've repainted it black and given it some new hand painted 'retro' graphics which I've just clearcoated. It's still 6 speed but runs like a dream. Apart from the paint and bits I had lying around this bike has cost me £15 :biggrin::biggrin:

sorry for the crap pics. They were taken with my phone.

ABCD0008.jpg

ABCD0007.jpg

ABCD0003.jpg

ABCD0001-2-1.jpg

ABCD0002-2.jpg

ABCD0005-1.jpg

Good job djb1971, it looks sweet

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thanks guys. I've only done 6 miles on it so far because it's been off the road since I've had it. I'm going to give it try tonight in the lovely weather :smile:

Oddjob62 said:
Lovely job... looks brand new :biggrin:

So does yours :wacko:

Hilldodger said:
We've just had a nice and original Record Ace of similar vintage donated

They're nice . I've got my eye on one but it wont be donated :thumbsup: It's been in a garage for 30 years and looks good. Have you ridden it yet?

domtyler

Über Member
Just lovely! :evil:

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Ta folks, it's no longer so clean. It's just had the maiden voyage in its new livery :evil: 24/25 miles and it behaved very well. Very comfy and easy going.

Nick, they are done using a material called applimask , everything is applied to the frame using it and then painted. The applimask is then removed leaving a perfect finish , in theory:tongue: I've just got a bit of adhesive residue to remove tomorrow when the clearcoat has dried. Not a sticker in sight 100% paint .