10 in 1 Imperial Dumbbell Bicycle Spanner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
as above a bit like the one below but in old money measurements.

B952A840-9285-4666-9F56-89C8C670ACC5.jpeg

Anyone got one they don’t want?

Can’t seem to find an old one in the usual places.

Sharky

Guru
Brings back memories. Bikes used to have hex nuts everywhere. Brakes, saddles, stem , wheels etc. Now nowhere to be seen , except on my fixie.

GM

Legendary Member
Carl, I bought one about 2 months ago from John's Cycles in Barnet for about £3.50. Great shop BTW.

Edit. Oops bad me, just checked my one and its metric.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I will look in morning. I inherited one from granddad and he died 1978 so if I can find it , it should be imperial ^_^

Will look in morning

Thank you.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I have one which I've had since the 1960s... but I used it today, proving I should hang on to it! Best of luck in finding one though :smile:

Mine has U.C.P. on the edge of one of the ribs and 'ENGLAND' on the opposite side one.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have one too, which is in the tool bag of my Kingpin, I want one for the bag that I will have for my BSA.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Yeah, I was just thinking that little spanner must have travelled thousands of miles with me. I kept it in my saddlebag, or in a musette, wherever I went. Then it went in my toolbox, where it stayed for many years. Very useful little tool though... :smile:

btw I used to whilst dismantling the Townsend bike to cannibalise some of the parts.

Top Bottom