100,000 signatures needed to change Snickers to Marathon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We need to get 100,000 signatures to get mentioned in parliament but such will be the effect I predict Snickers will be a thing of the past by the end of the year and our beloved Marathon will be back.
Next year the same petitioning and change Starburst back to Opal Fruits
Do you work for the Mars corporation? Why are you working to get them a positive mention in Parliament, and thus in every news service in country?
I promise in the first 100 days of my government we will re-introduce Aztec Country Bar Double Decker Bar Six and a host of other delights which made this country strong.
If you really want your precious sweeties back, check if the trademarks have expired, then get into the kitchen and start experimenting. When you create something that looks and tastes right, take it to kickstarter and you will be a millionaire.

(or not, as I suspect most people old enough to remember these delights will probably have to worry too much about type II diabetes to eat many)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Toffos. And Fry's Mint Cream bars.
And proper King Size Mars bars.

Which 'you people' are you asking?
Honestly, anyone who's life is affected by the change in the name/price/size of chocolate bar.

I usually have a Cherry Ripe* (tm) when I visit Australia, and if I am in trouble on a long ride, I will stop at a Londis and scan the shelves, usually Twix or Bounty* but there will always be something that will do. In a pinch, there's KitKats - the only Nestlé product I buy. But if a brand was to disappear, I would be fine. And if it was renamed, I'd be ok as long as I knew what the new name was.

I am nostalgic for another Australian bar, Pollywaffle, but it's just a tube of chocolate and marshmallow that is very sweet and looks like a turd, and I would rather spend my calories elsewhere. I'd be sad if they stopped making it, but I have probably eaten my last one, so .... it would not change my life.

Edit: I have had my last Polly Waffle :biggrin:
Generations remember the Polly Waffle “Mmmm … crunch … ahhh!” TV advertising jingle but, by 2009, not enough people were buying them and Nestle discontinued the Polly Waffle.

* I do like chocolate and coconut together.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Judging by the response I may stand in the General Election as I really take onboard your concerns over the creeping name changes to OUR beloved confectionary..
I promise in the first 100 days of my government we will re-introduce Aztec Country Bar Double Decker Bar Six and a host of other delights which made this country strong.
Cabana's!!

OP
OP
The Essex Spurs

The Essex Spurs

Honestly, anyone who's life is affected by the change in the name/price/size of chocolate bar.

I usually have a Cherry Ripe* (tm) when I visit Australia, and if I am in trouble on a long ride, I will stop at a Londis and scan the shelves, usually Twix or Bounty* but there will always be something that will do. In a pinch, there's KitKats - the only Nestlé product I buy. But if a brand was to disappear, I would be fine. And if it was renamed, I'd be ok as long as I knew what the new name was.

I am nostalgic for another Australian bar, Pollywaffle, but it's just a tube of chocolate and marshmallow that is very sweet and looks like a turd, and I would rather spend my calories elsewhere. I'd be sad if they stopped making it, but I have probably eaten my last one, so .... it would not change my life.

Edit: I have had my last Polly Waffle :biggrin:
Generations remember the Polly Waffle “Mmmm … crunch … ahhh!” TV advertising jingle but, by 2009, not enough people were buying them and Nestle discontinued the Polly Waffle.

* I do like chocolate and coconut together.
Cabana's!!
Oh god yeh and what about that Jamaica one???What was that called????

classic33

Leg End Member
How many chocolate bars do you people eat in a year???
What size.

SteveF

Damn this thread, there is a Starbar out there somewhere calling me!!! (I know they are still in production, but I just don't come across them very often)

Top Bottom