100 greatest UK No 1 singles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not got time to study it in detail just now (off to work) but I scrolled down to #1 and I'm already calling BS :ohmy:.
The PSB's; WTF, that was utter drivel :boxing:. And I see no sign of Bohemian Rhapsody in the top 10, nor Radar Love by Golden Earring.
It has been picked by spotty yoofs born in the 80's and 90's!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
“On one hand, All the Things She Said is the ne plus ultra of queerbaiting: two straight Russian teenagers cajoled into lesbian cosplay by some dodgy-sounding svengalis. But as ersatz as their ardour was, the duo’s debut UK single was charged with a perfect evocation of the frantic emotional tumult that rages in every closeted, yearning teenager’s head. An industrial cri de cœurwith a brilliantly desperate synth climax, it was the greatest Trevor Horn banger since his mid-80s sweet spot. LS”

have you read this sh!t? Pretentious nobbery

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
“On one hand, All the Things She Said is the ne plus ultra of queerbaiting: two straight Russian teenagers cajoled into lesbian cosplay by some dodgy-sounding svengalis. But as ersatz as their ardour was, the duo’s debut UK single was charged with a perfect evocation of the frantic emotional tumult that rages in every closeted, yearning teenager’s head. An industrial cri de cœurwith a brilliantly desperate synth climax, it was the greatest Trevor Horn banger since his mid-80s sweet spot. LS”

have you read this sh!t? Pretentious nobbery
You’ve picked the most controversial song on the list. I think they put it on the list just to get a reaction.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
An impossible list to compile.
You can make a decent argument for most of the songs to be somewhere in the list, the positions are much harder to decide.
There are also some glaring omissions.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Couldn't care less.

Top Bottom