100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers guys, I shall take all comments on board if I can get out tomorrow I'll be aiming for 60ish miles, going to try a flatish route but that's not as easy as it sounds living in hilly west wales

There are flat-ish routes out there. Planning a flat-ish 30 is pretty easy - just ride two laps.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Pretty well as everybody else mentions, look to energy food and fluids to keep the body running right. I personally find that the mental challenge is a big factor; the bike's right, your fitness is right, now tell yourself you can do it. I also have to school myself not to start the ride like a greyhound from the traps, rather start at a steady pace so I've got something left for the last few miles. A couple of the mental games I play is to use the cycle computer to carve the ride up into smaller portions in my mind. You did the first ten easy enough, the next ten will be easy too right? I also use my bag of sweet nibbles to reward myself for another ten miles done, or getting to the top of this hill without stopping, or any other mini goal of your choice.

Whatever, it's a buzz when you do it!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Riding a bike at this time of the year is a whole different Ball game to riding a bike in April. I would not worry about riding a 100 mile, it is not difficult. I did my first 100 miler this year. No planning, training, nothing. I just got out of bed and went. I was on a Koga World Traveller and rode a lot off road, I did it in 10 hours. 100 miles on a road bike on roads will not be a problem for you, so dont kill yourself training.

Steve

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Cheers for all the advise guys, just a bit worried about failing to do it as it's something I really want to do both for myself and especially for my daughter

Top Bottom