1000 miles done!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrevorM

Just back from a 45 mile trip around the Ards Peninsula that took me to 1000 miles since April 1st:smile:. Feeling very pleased with myself as I'm 54 and haven't cycled (or any other exercise) since 1983 until April. Since then I've done 1022 miles including many at 25 miles, three over 40 , three over 50 and one 62. Hopefully this will encourage other beginners.
Today's trip http://www.everytrai...?trip_id=721043

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one Trevor! I'm at about 700 so far this year, but hoping to get over a 1000 by the end of the summer.

OP
OP
TrevorM

TrevorM

Nice one Trevor! I'm at about 700 so far this year, but hoping to get over a 1000 by the end of the summer.

Keep it up. I'm off to Marjorca for 2 weeks on Tuesday so want to crack 1000 before I left. Unfortunately wont be cycling there so I'll have a bit of work to do when I get back.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Well done, its a great feeling when you go over a 1000.
biggrin.gif

Karlos

That's really inspiring mate. I've just got back into it and at 48 my backside tends to give up before my arthritic knees LOL. I've been out three times over the last two weeks and did a 26 mile ride yesterday but my butt cheeks are sore today LOL

OP
OP
TrevorM

TrevorM

That's really inspiring mate. I've just got back into it and at 48 my backside tends to give up before my arthritic knees LOL. I've been out three times over the last two weeks and did a 26 mile ride yesterday but my butt cheeks are sore today LOL

I've always used a Brooks B17 standard saddle and never had any discomfort. The first 750 were on an old B17 which was already soft when given to me in 1980! I replaced it with a new B17 Honey for the last 250 miles. Many people say it takes 500-1000 miles to break them in but it was very comfortable from the start. Maybe I'm just Brooks shaped.

Peter10

Just back from a 45 mile trip around the Ards Peninsula that took me to 1000 miles since April 1st:smile:. Feeling very pleased with myself as I'm 54 and haven't cycled (or any other exercise) since 1983 until April. Since then I've done 1022 miles including many at 25 miles, three over 40 , three over 50 and one 62. Hopefully this will encourage other beginners.
Today's trip http://www.everytrai...?trip_id=721043

How have you found your fitness/health change since starting in April to the 1000th mile? I'm not saying you were overweight or unfit before of course, but You must feel great!

tedydim

Awesome! Congratulations. That is something I can't brag with even though I am 32. Your post motivated me to ride more as well as to keep count of the miles (just bought a bike computer so that will help) :smile:

tmcd35

Hey Well done! It's a good feeling watching the counter go past the 1000 mark. Mines now on 1326mi since I bought the bike back in November :biggrin: (If it makes any difference I'm 33).

JNR

Fantastic achievement Trev. I bought a really crap computer for my bike which I hugely regretter after upgrading to a decent wireless one less than a month later. Lost 200 miles on my counter because of that! I'm now looking forward to clocking 100 miles on the new computer, then 1000 and maybe doing my first 100 mile cycle soon.

I don't know about you but even if my fitness is ok, I don't think my sense of direction is good enough for not getting lost accross 100 miles!

Matty

As said by others - nice achievement, well done indeed. Note to self, must look at my total mileage, the main function of the computer is speed/clock!

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I was well pleased when I reached 1000 miles earlier this year. I am aiming for 3000 miles by end of December, I am over half way there now at 1510 miles.

Well done to you.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I started back in June, my stats for July are 381 miles cycled and 26.16 minutes in the Saddle. Mostly commuting averaging 14 odd mph fairly hilly have to over the North Downs. Lost 11lbs.

Rather proud of that, this mornings run was very laboured though. looking forward to Sunday out of the saddle!

Top Bottom