1000km in 10 days - novice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

Neil Kendall-Cheese

Thanks, I will take a look at the Brooks saddles. I hope the heat shouldn't be too bad. With a start date of 13th October next year the burning heat should have gone and I will have had a full summer of morning and evening training to avoid the stupid heat we get here in the summer
I know I am lucky as well having the support vehicle travelling behind me all the way with two people on board, so even things like changing from the racer to the mountain bike will just be a case of getting off one and getting on the other - luxury.

Kins

Über Member
Nobody to do it with? Bit of company on the harder parts might let you motivate each other.

OP
OP
N

Neil Kendall-Cheese

Thanks Kins, I am autistic, so having nobody to talk to is great for me :smile: - some call it antisocial.....
Just looked at the Brooks - that B17 seems to be rated so may have to give one a go and if it works will make that one for each bike.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Thanks Kins, I am autistic, so having nobody to talk to is great for me :smile: - some call it antisocial.....
Just looked at the Brooks - that B17 seems to be rated so may have to give one a go and if it works will make that one for each bike.

The Brooks B17 is probably the most popular - simply because it's the most affordable! I have one myself and I swear by it. They're very comfy (although 'comfy' is obviously a very subjective thing, some prefer softer saddles) but they do need quite a lot of kilometres' wear-in time and not a small amount TLC.

Top Bottom