1000KM Review - Trifox X16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DSC02067.JPG
A few weeks ago I built up a Trifox X16 road bike, a fairly common option if you're looking for a budget carbon frame and I've gotten around to putting some miles on it and I wanted to share what I thought about it.
First off, ride feel. The frame feels pretty stiff, and the finished build ended up being pretty light, around 7.5KG fully loaded. There isn't any creaking from the frame or slipping on the seatpost (which is a common complaint for budget carbon bikes) and it's a pretty smooth ride; but due to the tire limitations of 25MM or so (you could probably squeeze a small 28MM) when you encounter bumps or potholes it's a little bumpy.
The geometry is pretty aggressive, very similar to that of a Specialized SL6/SL7 so if you're a newer rider you may find it a bit harsh for the first few weeks. I quite like the position but that's personal preference.
Shifting feels good but that's not really a result of the frame, but I haven't had any issues with cable runs or things affecting the shifting.
Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the bike so far and have encountered no real issues. The only thing to keep in mind is the tire clearance; with the trend towards wider tires the X16 lags behind in this respect and I hope the company will update the design in the near future; it would make it much more enjoyable for urban riding if you could squeeze a 30MM tire on the bike.
If you have any questions that weren't answered in the post please feel free to ask.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Does it come in any other colours?

Top Bottom