1001 Carpet Cleaner Conspiracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm sure there's a joke about rug doctors and Brazilians but I'll leave it to @Fnaar
Miss Goodbody simply has a small rug by her front entrance. She insists that it is cleaner than carpet everywhere. In fact I helped her remove her old carpet.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Been waylaid by some Stardrops threads on MoneySavingExpert.

Smokey112 - Bought my first bottle of Stardrops yesterday and a microfibre cloth - am going to try both out today
Ang x

Doratheexplorer - I spilt coffee on my living room carpet (again) last week and have tried removing the stain with 1001, Fairy Liquid, expensive Aussie stuff from Sainsbury's, bio wash liquid and none of them have made a scrap of difference. Can't cover with a rug this time as it's in the wrong place. I'll be replacing the carpet next year when my back boiler and gas
fire are replaced so I'm stuck until then. Had a brainwave this morning and have tried Stardrops
sport-smiley-001.gif
. Now waiting for carpet to dry and stain to be vanished. Oh, and I also tried Vanish - NBG

^^^

Tango - Has it gone? All this talk of stardrops,i will have to buy some.

Savingsgirl - My mum has just rung to say she has picked me up some stardrops and a pack of microfibre cloths. I am very excited as I have never used them before but was only telling her yesterday that I needed to find them as everyone on here raves about them so much! I have tidied the house but leaving cleaning the surfaces etc til she arrives with my goodies at 4pm.I know I'm sad but i cant wait!!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I looked at getting someone in to clean/wash the carpets :eek: then looked at hiring a machine :eek::crazy::eek: then purchased a Bissell machine, did downstairs (great results) then did the stairs (fantastic results) and then a few years later did downstairs again (brilliant). Now I've got the machine and its paid for itself, it just takes up a bit of room in the cupboard under the stairs but now owes me nowt. .....................Result :biggrin:

Cheddar George

oober member
I looked at getting someone in to clean/wash the carpets :eek: then looked at hiring a machine :eek::crazy::eek: then purchased a Bissell machine, did downstairs (great results) then did the stairs (fantastic results) and then a few years later did downstairs again (brilliant). Now I've got the machine and its paid for itself, it just takes up a bit of room in the cupboard under the stairs but now owes me nowt. .....................Result :biggrin:

Mrs George did the same, i was dubious at first but now have to admit it is one the best tools she has ever bought. Had it out last week after the dog puked on the new carpet .... good as new again.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Been waylaid by some Stardrops threads on MoneySavingExpert.

Smokey112 - Bought my first bottle of Stardrops yesterday and a microfibre cloth - am going to try both out today
Ang x

Doratheexplorer - I spilt coffee on my living room carpet (again) last week and have tried removing the stain with 1001, Fairy Liquid, expensive Aussie stuff from Sainsbury's, bio wash liquid and none of them have made a scrap of difference. Can't cover with a rug this time as it's in the wrong place. I'll be replacing the carpet next year when my back boiler and gas
fire are replaced so I'm stuck until then. Had a brainwave this morning and have tried Stardrops
sport-smiley-001.gif
. Now waiting for carpet to dry and stain to be vanished. Oh, and I also tried Vanish - NBG

^^^

Tango - Has it gone? All this talk of stardrops,i will have to buy some.

Savingsgirl - My mum has just rung to say she has picked me up some stardrops and a pack of microfibre cloths. I am very excited as I have never used them before but was only telling her yesterday that I needed to find them as everyone on here raves about them so much! I have tidied the house but leaving cleaning the surfaces etc til she arrives with my goodies at 4pm.I know I'm sad but i cant wait!!

Thank you @MarkF. Here's a link to the whole thread...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=248907&highlight=vax

Adding a small amount of fabric conditioner helps to stop too many bubbles forming, they say. I think I'll give it a try after Christmas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We used to have the attachments for our Vax hoover. But we recently bought a Vax shampoo thingy for about £60, and it does a pretty good job for the money. My mum's Vax is a deerer one and it sucks up more water (dryer carpet) but for £60 can't complain.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
It would be kind of you to convert that to shillings and pence per pint for Grumpygregry us oldies.:whistle:

It was actually for 750ml, I've just checked the bottle. :thumbsup: Can't help with old money, I don't understand it, my aunt bought me a decimalisation set of coins when I was young, but I spent it on sweets and was never forgiven.

classic33

Leg End Member
It was actually for 750ml, I've just checked the bottle. :thumbsup: Can't help with old money, I don't understand it, my aunt bought me a decimalisation set of coins when I was young, but I spent it on sweets and was never forgiven.
That'd only be 42 years ago!
No self control!

Top Bottom