100k Audax For Those Who Don't Do Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I lived closer I'd do it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In Sussex, on Sunday 14 April - entries close this Thursday. This is a Dave Hudson (El Supremo) production so it's postal entries only, and his definition of flat is a bit unusual so don't expect there not to be any. It was a nice route last year and I'll be out, weather permitting. Anyone else going?
Can you unpack the negatives in the sentence for a dullard like me please?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oops sorry Greg, that was a very badly constructed sentence! El Supremo often says there are no hills, but there always are some. His idea of a little hill isn't the same as mine - e.g., the long drag up to Newlands Corner. However, you are probably closer to his view of the world, and so wouldn't have a problem. A lot of the route last year went over Pevensey Levels, not renowned for hills.
The drag up to Newlands Corner at 170+m is not, by any sane measure, a little hill.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd meant to enter this one but time has run away with me and I've missed it for the second year in a row. Perhaps next year will be third time lucky.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I've just seen on a thread elsewhere that the closing date has been pushed back to the 9th April. I really want to do this ride but not sure if I can afford the £28 train ticket, especially as I've not been on the bike for over two months and it would be such a waste if I DNF'd. I'll think about it over the weekend and see how I feel by Sunday.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I take it you have to be a member of Audax UK before you can do an Audax?

No. You do have to pay a few quid more for insurance.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Either that or have CTC membership (including affiliates)- you can get the same rate as AUK members.

Top Bottom