100k Audax For Those Who Don't Do Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I lived closer I'd do it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In Sussex, on Sunday 14 April - entries close this Thursday. This is a Dave Hudson (El Supremo) production so it's postal entries only, and his definition of flat is a bit unusual so don't expect there not to be any. It was a nice route last year and I'll be out, weather permitting. Anyone else going?
Can you unpack the negatives in the sentence for a dullard like me please?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oops sorry Greg, that was a very badly constructed sentence! El Supremo often says there are no hills, but there always are some. His idea of a little hill isn't the same as mine - e.g., the long drag up to Newlands Corner. However, you are probably closer to his view of the world, and so wouldn't have a problem. A lot of the route last year went over Pevensey Levels, not renowned for hills.
The drag up to Newlands Corner at 170+m is not, by any sane measure, a little hill.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am determined to do at least 1 El Supremo event . His reputation goes far and wide.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'd meant to enter this one but time has run away with me and I've missed it for the second year in a row. Perhaps next year will be third time lucky.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I've just seen on a thread elsewhere that the closing date has been pushed back to the 9th April. I really want to do this ride but not sure if I can afford the £28 train ticket, especially as I've not been on the bike for over two months and it would be such a waste if I DNF'd. I'll think about it over the weekend and see how I feel by Sunday.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I take it you have to be a member of Audax UK before you can do an Audax?

No. You do have to pay a few quid more for insurance.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Either that or have CTC membership (including affiliates)- you can get the same rate as AUK members.

Top Bottom