100km Pie ride proposal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
In a moment of daftness in the Cafe, I proposed a 100km ride possibly as a DIY Audax but not excluding non audax riders that would take in some of West/North Yorkshire's pie shops starting at Otley and wending up to Thirsk and back again. There's been a fair amount of interest shown there.

I'm looking at a Saturday in late June or early July as a possible date to give me time to sort out some paperwork to make it easy to register DIY Audax or even get the route registered as a permanent.

All controls will be pie shops.

Anyone interested?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Definitely interested. The CC Ecosse rides use a doodle poll to find people's availability if that's useful to you
smile.gif

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Definitely interested, but it will all depend on logistics for me as being so far away, I'd have to confirm last minute.
Sampling some of Yorkshire's finest pies seems too good an opportunity to pass up :tongue:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Glad to see this is becoming a reality vernon :biggrin: If it was late June we'd very likely be up for it, early July would be more difficult. If it's a permanent wecould have pie at any time though!

Steve H

Large Member
Ooh - pies and cycling. Two of my favourite things. Great idea Vernon. What kind of pace would you be wanting to ride at and how hilly a route are you planning?

postman

Legendary Member
Yes from me and maybe my mate .This could be a ride that i come back heavier than i went out .

Desperate Dan cannot make it due to being too old .

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Ooh - pies and cycling. Two of my favourite things. Great idea Vernon. What kind of pace would you be wanting to ride at and how hilly a route are you planning?

Not very hilly, just a couple of longish drags. Anyone can ride at whatever pace they want as a a leisure ride. If I get it registered as an Audax then then folk wanting to ride it as an Audax will need to average 10km/hr min - not exactly challenging
thumbsup.png

stephec

Legendary Member

And more importantly, what kind of pies are we talking about?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

And more importantly, what kind of pies are we talking about?

All of the stops are butchers with one exception. Some of the stops are pork butchers and offer only pork pies and permutations e.g. pork and apple. Some offer a range of meat pies.

Still field testing.

This weekend Thirsk and Knaresborough are being targetted.

Otley and Boroughbridge have passed the piemeister test. :hungry: :hungry:

Vegetarians will struggle on this ride though they are welcome to seek alternative sources for their excess calories i.e. cake shops.

Top Bottom