105 11 speed......anyone using them ?? any thoughts??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looking at a new bike that has Shimano 105 11 speed fitted.
Another dealer I spoke to advised against them for a number of reasons e.g. replacement part costs (I've never had a broken chain so not expecting one any time soon :smile: )
Just wondering if anyone has first hand advice.

U

User6179

10 speed is as far as I am willing to go !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
LBS owner raves about it on a club run, mind you he would :smile:
I use 8 speed for commuting as sits cheap as chips to replace and according to what i have read on the net ( it must be true then ;) ) it lasts longer than 10 speed on my other bike.

D

Deleted member 23692

Literally just finished swapping my 9speed Tiagra triple for an 11speed 105 compact :smile: I've not had chance to ride it yet (beer time) but it all seems to work perfectly fine on the workstand..

U

User6179

Literally just finished swapping my 9speed Tiagra triple for an 11speed 105 compact :smile: I've not had chance to ride it yet (beer time) but it all seems to work perfectly fine on the workstand..

So you have went from 27 gears to 22 gears ^_^ and that's an upgrade :whistle:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Although many (including me) will agree and would not pay to have them fitted to an existing bike you have little choice if the bike you want to purchase ahs them on.
Bit crap isn't it? I'll be keeping my 10spd stuff for a few years yet, or at the very least until my favourite manufacturer releases Di2 hydro disc carbon road bikes :smile:

bpsmith

Veteran
If the 11 speed is anything like the Ultegra kit, then it's so much better than the 10 speed kit.

What drawbacks are there that's 105 11 speed specific compared to the 10 speed then?

Top Bottom