105 Brake Calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok having stupid lost a teensy, weensy, weensy bit of my Planet X brake caliper, I'm looking to replace it with a 105. However on Wiggle it goes into a "must be used with ST model this and that lever" for correct leverage. Is it possible to use a 105 caliper with an SRAM Red brake lever?

Road brakes all use more or less the same amount of leverage - it will be fine.

What bit have you lost?

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
The tiny little bit of plastic (these are Planet X CNCd calipers) that the end of the spring fits into on the inside of the caliper. It is really tiny!!!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I use SRAM force calliper with 105 levers, so I would imagine vice versa will be fine.

Might have a 105 that needs a clean up and greasing + new shoes & pads if Secondhand is of interest

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is this it? http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q...pring_clip_for_planet_x_cnc_and_forged_brakes

they are out of stock but should be able to get one for you.

It is indeed that. However once I'd got the bikes off the decking, ordered some new callipers from Wiggle, received the shipping notification etc I naturally found it on the deck. I have now added "Learn how to put together a brake calliper and then fit to a bike" to my list of skills! :thumbsup:

I will also be the proud owner of some new, spare callipers on Tuesday I imagine. Oh well.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
:smile:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It is indeed that. However once I'd got the bikes off the decking, ordered some new callipers from Wiggle, received the shipping notification etc I naturally found it on the deck. I have now added "Learn how to put together a brake calliper and then fit to a bike" to my list of skills! :thumbsup:

I will also be the proud owner of some new, spare callipers on Tuesday I imagine. Oh well.
Wiggle are really easy for returns, free collect+ too

Top Bottom