10TT for real 26:01

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
So the pro stealth arrived at lunch time yesterday and having a cold, not trained in 3 weeks and being dehydrated and under carbed, I decided to not set it up for a few days.

That resulted in me setting it up, skipping work, and heading down to performance cycles to get directions to the Latton TT.

Pulled a 26:01 with nothing but alot of scowling and teeth grinding. Rather happy. 6 seconds off my minute man.

No HR speedo etc.
IMG_20140703_203606.jpg

No 27

Though butt muscles leading up the back are rather tender.

L1060697.jpg

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Quite good to see the timekeeper's pad- puts your time into context. Guessing from the other times that it's not a fast course (or it was really windy- but you would probably have mentioned it)

22:46 winning time (22:30 done by a 2-up if I'm reading it right)

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

I had lots of excuses up there^ without including the wind! Haha

It was particularly windy indeed. The 2up was the fastest time :smile:

KneesUp

Guru
Let's hope none of the people whose names you have just shown on the internet were pulling a sickie ...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not a bad effort - lots of excuses and your minute man did a 24.35 which means he pulled away from you

But c+ for effort

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

your minute man did a 24.35 which means he pulled away from you
Good point, but I was snapping at his heels for the last mile and could clearly see his number and even his make of saddle when I crossed the line.

Which makes me think he had ridden back down a mile and then turned around and finished the coarse as a cool down maybe...

@Hacienda71 left over shoes at home. Was feeling terrible with the cold. Will do next time. And probably ride helmet less. 50% were riding comme ca.

@Rob3rt

Advice welcomed! if youre talking about my bad position, check this one out lol
L1060676.jpg
It started off with- MUST BE AERO!! Ended with must be comfortable! ;)

This is actually the first lap photograph where i was dicking around because i didnt know the round about layout.

jowwy

Good point, but I was snapping at his heels for the last mile and could clearly see his number and even his make of saddle when I crossed the line.

Which makes me think he had ridden back down a mile and then turned around and finished the coarse as a cool down maybe...

@Hacienda71 left over shoes at home. Was feeling terrible with the cold. Will do next time.

@Rob3rt

Advice welcomed! if youre talking about my bad position, check this one out lol View attachment 49377 It started off with- MUST BE AERO!! Ended with must be comfortable! ;)

This is actually the first lap photograph where i was dicking around because i didnt know the round about layout.
Well from what i can see from the list,

was your minute man passed his minute man, so the guy u was catching was your 2min man.........but never mind hey

I caught my 5min man last week, but it means nothing to me, im just looking after my own time

jowwy

Ive got my last 10 on 15th july - away all august then back to do a 25 in sept :sad:

jowwy

It was not his 2 minute man either, as the 2 minute man was faster than him as well. It was most likely one the gathering of women who were off earlier #20s.
Very true cause that would have meant jason being 1min 54 seconds quicker than him.........sorry to burst that big old bubble big man

jowwy

From my powers of deduction it looks like you caught mandy light who went off number 20 and you was approx 6+ mins quicker than her, so it may well have been her you nearly, but not quite caught

Better luck in the next one ;)

Top Bottom