11 (12) Go North and Go Nuts - CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@Fubar Great write up. Kind of wish your dream had been real. Lol

Brandane

Legendary Member
Enjoyed reading that report Mark, great stuff. Well done to you all for completing the tour, and I apologise for bringing the inevitable rain with me for the start of day three. My attraction to that stuff is legendary, and it really is uncanny just how often it happens :rolleyes:.

Still the rain has stopped, which might be down to the fact that @Brandane has gone home after about 6 miles

'Scuse me Sir; it was AT LEAST 10! :laugh:

(wonder what their power output is?)

They're Harleys, so not a lot.

I went to the loo and a midge flew out of my cycling shorts

Must resist; must resist ............ :tongue:

snorri

Legendary Member
That was an enjoyable read Fubar, it brought back memories of tours gone by, thank you:smile:.

By now we could see the Dornoch Firth and the mountains of the Black Isle
It would have been the Inner Moray and/or Inverness Firths you would have seen, also the higher hills are beyond (north-west of) the long ridge that makes up the Black Isle.
Perhaps it was thoughts of going around the Dornoch Firth on your next tour that caused that minor slip?^_^

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Smashing write up @Fubar it sounds like you all had a great time and i hope its not put your daughter off touring again.

As always with the rides you all do up there the scenery looked beautiful.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
That was an enjoyable read Fubar, it brought back memories of tours gone by, thank you:smile:.

It would have been the Inner Moray and/or Inverness Firths you would have seen, also the higher hills are beyond (north-west of) the long ridge that makes up the Black Isle.
Perhaps it was thoughts of going around the Dornoch Firth on your next tour that caused that minor slip?^_^

Ah, my assumption - we were trying to work out the mountains to the west of us.

A wee trip to the Black Isle looks intriguing ...

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Great report @Fubar, I had missed the mobile phone drying tupperware at Newtonmore.
Better get on with my report, I have wasted some time looking at cat videos today :whistle:
Ah, you never mentioned that I did not "stop 'n shop" once on this tour :smile:

Very true! Though there wasn't too many opportunities... ;)

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I've stayed near Dull, a couple of miles further along that road, and my kids loved that sign!

I loved the write up!

I didn't put this one in the write up:

image.jpg

I look like a right nobber!

Top Bottom