11 (12) Go North and Go Nuts - CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
Ah, my assumption - we were trying to work out the mountains to the west of us.

A wee trip to the Black Isle looks intriguing ...
The big mountain north of Inverness is Ben Wyvis; I would guess that that would be one of the mountains you were seeing.

Awesome write up oh glorious leader... I enjoyed last year's jaunt immensely but this was a new kind of challenge for me. Knowing when you go to bed at night (or in the early morning :whistle:) that you have to cover a set distance, over hill and down dale, to reach your night's accomodation, provides a different kind of test. It was all great fun, though I now need to go out and try the Duke's Pass on a nice light road-bike to improve my strava placing (not that me and @Edwardoka were racing at any point - on a tour?! The very thought!) Also, googling touring bikes... n+1 beckons! ^_^

bigjim

Legendary Member
Don,t know what to do with these so I'll throw them in here.
20546341909_77401d310d_z.jpg

20706865796_742182870a_z.jpg

20733019935_90c31f3002_z.jpg

20545103470_d3affcf1b9_z.jpg

172traindriver

Legendary Member
DAY 5 – …AND THEN HOME
Not a touring day but worth mentioning just to tie things up. We were all up early and down at breakfast in the Hostel by around 8am, Jim and Marcus the first to leave to head home followed by Davie and Ross. We left Pat, Fiona, Catherine and Dougie at the train station while Ed and I wandered aimlessly round Inverness waiting for our later train before finding Tracey in a coffee/cycling shop where we chatted about… cycling, naturally.

View attachment 100779
(It's MY bar @Edwardoka!)

Ed had considered cycling home but took up the offer of Maddie’s train ticket back to Perth instead and we headed South, passing quickly back through all the places we had plodded North through over the previous 4 days pointing out roads we had been on and chatting about our thoughts for the future. The sun was shining and I wished I was back on my bike, though it was nice to be going home – to sleep, perchance NOT to dream about drunken old ladies, wailing cats, bog-snorkelling Scouts or a snoring Davie permanently clipped-in riding round in a circle with no brakes.

Just before Perth a couple of German students joined us and told me they had been travelling round Europe by train and were heading to Dover via York, France and then back to Germany – someone else just enjoying an adventure. I wonder where our next one will take us?

Excellent account Mr Fu :bravo::okay:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Awesome write up oh glorious leader... I enjoyed last year's jaunt immensely but this was a new kind of challenge for me. Knowing when you go to bed at night (or in the early morning :whistle:) that you have to cover a set distance, over hill and down dale, to reach your night's accomodation, provides a different kind of test. It was all great fun, though I now need to go out and try the Duke's Pass on a nice light road-bike to improve my strava placing (not that me and @Edwardoka were racing at any point - on a tour?! The very thought!) Also, googling touring bikes... n+1 beckons! ^_^

Good idea - I think you need a nice, HEAVY touring bike with loaded panniers (and perhaps very soft tyres that someone has accidentally let the air out of)... :whistle:

bigjim

Legendary Member
Forgot about these
20202149184_da8534fbb6_z.jpg

20636715020_5cc0e51e49_z.jpg

flyingfifi

Über Member
Great write up so true in ways but one thing i have to say to you all a big thank you for a wonderful 4 days of cycling you made me soon welcome to the group for the first time meeting you all helping to fix my wheel and confidence on the road after my accident thanks pat and having a great laugh with someone luggage lol and still piss off about waiting on top of hill for over 30 mins so you can look at bloody stones and a field:cursing: so would be nice if you have me to come along to the next one yours flyingfifi xxxx
:bicycle:

Top Bottom