11 mile commute possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lb81

I do 19 each way 3 days a week and 7 the rest. I have been doing it since September and although I did wimp out a few times when it had snowed the rest of the time its been ok. Even better with the nice weather we have been having!

No showers for me either! Luckily I don't need to be smart for my job and keep spare clothes stashed at work.

You've had all the answers but I used to do a 12 mile commute and it was fine. Build up to it if you need to and you really don't have to do it every day if you don't want, especially if you have something heavy on in work. You can even do something like throw the bike in the car, cycle home and cycle back the next day and home in the car, that works.

OP
OP
R

Rozza2012

Regular
Tbh I kind of would need to do it every day as the reason for my cycling is because my car insurance has gone up so much it just didnt seem worth it.

I suppose I could cycle 1 day a week and get the train for the rest of the week, then build it up from there.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
i'm currently starting to commute 15-16 mile round trip daily. I'm unfit and only had my bike for a couple of weeks. Did last Friday as my first commute and have done Tuesday and today so far, will do tomorrow (3 days) and then i'm off on Friday. the rest of the time i will take the car. So its doable, as others have said buildup slowly, and there is nothing stopping you doing for instance ten miles of a night time at your leisure and then building up to the full there and back distance. This is what i did, built up to the miles before making the trip into work.....mind you i did this over a short time.....if i can do it anyone can....and my times are getting better.

DaveW

A guy in my team commutes 24 miles each way, 48 miles total per day. He's a very fit 29 year old lad though!

Stevejo

My commute is 14 miles each way. I try to do it 3 days a week, usually mon, wed and fri. No shower facilities at work, I get by with a washcloth, towel and deodorant.Change of work clothes at work, hang cycling stuff up beside open window and I am ready for ride home.

Top Bottom