11 speed rear cassette, 1 piece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Hi, I have a slight problem on my road bike. Has rear 11 speed 105 cassette and upon cleaning today have noticed the rear hub has been slightly damaged on the splines with the cogs digging into it. Apart from replacing the hub with a steel bodied one I hear that having a rear cassette that is more or less in 1 piece helps to spread the load and avoids, as far as poss, the cogs digging into the hub body. My current 105 cassette has the large 3 cogs pinned together but the rest are individual with spacers in between. Any ideas where i can source an 11 speed cassette that is more or less 1 piece pls? Do they exist? Thanks.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can't help with the cassette choice, but just out of interest and to help others when choosing hubs, what make/model is the hub with the soft cheese freehub body?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anything but Mavic shimano or campag is my guess. My Hope freehub(s) chew up but there is a steel option. Ally freehubs chew.
'Titan legs' @colly managed to rip a sprocket through his Mavic splines on one ride... :whistle:

:laugh:

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
Can't help with the cassette choice, but just out of interest and to help others when choosing hubs, what make/model is the hub with the soft cheese freehub body?
Infinito, a dutch brand. Had them for 4 years and this has only just happened. Hub shell is made of alu.

Last edited:

sasquath

I have chinesium 11 speed 11-28 cassette that came with my turbo,all but 2 smallest sprockets are rivetted together.
...£15 plus postage.

Top Bottom