11 speed Shimano free hub body with 10 sped DA cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudigrinfeld

I have received my wheels from built. Built on Tune Mag/Mig 170/70 tubless rims Stan's 340 mode year is 2013 24/28 CX Ray spokes. As I mentioned 11speed freehub body. I haven't receive with it the spacer (1.8mm) in order to use my 10 speed cassette Dura Ace 28/11. Never the less I installed the 10 speed DA cassette with the 1mm spacer it comes with and there is no freedom at all but the ride is "heavy" feeling, it seems like it is very difficult to accelerate with the wheelset. I can compare it to my Zipp 404 tubular wheelset I have (almost the same weight with my current wheels around the 1300 gram for pair) but so much different...! I'm waiting for the 1.8mm spacer to arrive but I wonder if the lack of this spacer can be the cause of this "heavy" acceleration feeling or it has nothing to do with it and it is most probably the wheels alone. Ill love to hear your take on that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doubt it. Check the freehub spins off the bike. If it spins freely then its fine. Heavy feeling on bike is just change if wheels or dodgy legs ;)

There will be no diff pedalling

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Having used tubular deep sections and also top end clinchers I have not felt any difference. Don't know much about the Hutchinson tubeless but I run Michelin Pro 4 with latex tubes, fab tyres.

Might just be in your head as you are expecting big gains, the engine makes the difference and at that level of wheel, then its about zero marginal gain, only will some hill climbing help

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

Could be in my head even though I know I felt much different in my first ride today on them. It felt like 3rd gear on 39T for example was a higher gear and relatively on all gears I used. Also the climbing since I have same route same climbs was so different. Ill try and post again to comment if there is any difference in feeling.

Top Bottom