11sp Shimano compatible wheelset wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
best way to deal with Spa is to ring them. Don't be surprised if they are a bit blunt, its just their style. The are helpful, one chap went off to find a part and tell me what the bolt fitting etc was on it as the web picture / listing wasn't clear. They will probs then do the payment over the phone.
Yep I’d phone and then follow up with an email to confirm if needed (don’t email first if you’re after a prompt reply)

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
well, Ive been in contact with John at Spacycles and after comparing the rim profile of the RR440 with some of the Kinlin rims they have in stock. Ive narrowed it down that it will either be Kinlin XC-279's or Kinlin 22t's with bitex RAF12/RAR12 hubs (I was after the Novatechs but John said they were no good and would do me a wheel with the bitex's at a slight discount)

TBD when i get the funds sorted out unless something better on CC comes up first.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well, Ive given it a lot of thought and rather than going for a 1:1 equivalent of the outgoing wheelset. Ive decided to go for something different which is the equivalent of a set of HUNT's RACE AERO WIDE wheelset but with a different hub and few more spokes from spacycles. (Hunt use the same Kinlin 31T rim)

They dont have a complete wheelset with the desired spoke count available for one click order so i'll have to shoot them an email or phone call and ask if they'll do me the honours as they do have a 32H 31T rim in stock.

Though i could probably go for a 24/28 spoke wheelset as the 31T is quite strong.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I'll just leave this here...

Screenshot_20220308_021532_com.android.chrome.jpg

My search has finally come to an end. I can stop harassing wheelbuilders now :laugh: a local wheelbuilder wanted to charge me £490 for the same thing :tongue:

Its a little over built, meaning it has more spokes than I'd like but apart from that it's cuts down a lot of headaches finding good wheel builders and not being ripped off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom