12 years old and 67 miles!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm hoping I can do 12 miles when I'm 67

Same here

Well done to your son @Cathryn

Well that's good. Our son was shaping up to be heading that way until covid stopped our foreign tours. Cue my self indulgent praise of our son.

At 4.5 years old he managed 30 plus miles in a day then when seagulls ate our dinner we had a 10 mile round trip for an open supermarket. He was on occasion attached to a followme tandem but most days that was a real battle.

The thing was the school term afterwards his headteacher collared us to let us know he'd been telling some wild tales of his cycle touring holidays. He was asking us to try and stop him telling lies. We asked how far he'd said he'd cycled and the head said 20 miles. With great pleasure we corrected that to 30 miles and one 40 mile day. Loved the look on the head's face with that. From that moment on our son was the cycling star.

This year is our first tour for three years and today was about 15 miles across Islay into the wind and he's been stopping every 15 minutes. He's 9.5 years old now. The lack of overseas touring and his subsequent loss in interest in cycling means he's struggling. It'll take another Belgium trip to get his interest back I think. We didn't think a foreign trip is a good idea this year hence Scotland. Not really working for him I think

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This year is our first tour for three years and today was about 15 miles across Islay into the wind and he's been stopping every 15 minutes. He's 9.5 years old now.
Can't really blame the boy: I did it with a group average age 40, we were stopping every 15 minutes!
One of us got blown into a ditch :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can't really blame the boy: I did it with a group average age 40, we were stopping every 15 minutes!
One of us got blown into a ditch :laugh:

sounds like my last group ride when a touch of wheels in windy conditions sent me into a ditch , ribs still sore 2 weeks later .
Great work for a 12 year old. i wish mini ck would show a bit more enthusiasm but this weeks excuse is " its a bit warm" so our rides are glorified pootles to a cake stop if we go at all

Top Bottom