1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13 Innate cyclocross bike

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Javier Pastrana, 11 Nov 2014.

1. I need a bit of help from all of you who have tried, seen, considered, judged this bike sold exclusively by Halfords. I don't need a commuter or a racing machine, just a good bike to keep fit that can do a bit of rough terrain. Is this the right one? I haven't got much money and I am not keen on the Carrera Crixus. Thanks everyone

2. tiermat

tiermat Active Member

Looks ok, to a point, the brakes are not the best (tricky to set up and not that good at braking) but, to be honest, you won't find Avid BB5s or 7s on bikes of that price.

Having said that, if you like the bike, after a test ride, then I would go for it and replace the Lyras with BB7s when you can afford it (they can be bought for ~£60 an end from several sellers on eBay).

If you can stretch you budget a bit, the Board CX Comp is £100 more, and has Sora instead of Claris, so a better base to start from (and an extra gear! :smile: )

3. thanks, tiermat. Can you actually take it out for a test ride? They didn't even have one on display when I asked. Yes, I also like the Boardman, but I am only 5.1 feet and the small size feels a bit funny (apart from quite heavy!). Cheers

4. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

5. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Hi I have recently bought a 13 intutive alpha hybrid and have riden it for 6 weeks and done 300 plus miles no issuses with bike at all and I am more than happy .shops are not stocking and they have to be ordered in I bought it rather than a Boardman as I wanted something different. If you like it go for it .A staff member in my Leicester branch had riden all the range for vidios and was full of praise for them and he did seem to now what he was talking about.

6. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Does make a change.

7. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Yes Cycleops I know halfords get a bad rep on here but I have found a decent store with staff who are proper cyclists ( I seen their strava data) and a mechanic who obliviously knows his stuff

Cycleops likes this.
  8. mudrock

mudrock Über Member

biggs682 and Cycleops like this.
  9. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

mudrock likes this.
  10. mudrock

mudrock Über Member

Yep, couldn't say no,
    Got a good deal.

biggs682 likes this.