13 Innate cyclocross bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need a bit of help from all of you who have tried, seen, considered, judged this bike sold exclusively by Halfords. I don't need a commuter or a racing machine, just a good bike to keep fit that can do a bit of rough terrain. Is this the right one? I haven't got much money and I am not keen on the Carrera Crixus. Thanks everyone

tiermat

Looks ok, to a point, the brakes are not the best (tricky to set up and not that good at braking) but, to be honest, you won't find Avid BB5s or 7s on bikes of that price.

Having said that, if you like the bike, after a test ride, then I would go for it and replace the Lyras with BB7s when you can afford it (they can be bought for ~£60 an end from several sellers on eBay).

If you can stretch you budget a bit, the Board CX Comp is £100 more, and has Sora instead of Claris, so a better base to start from (and an extra gear! :smile: )

thanks, tiermat. Can you actually take it out for a test ride? They didn't even have one on display when I asked. Yes, I also like the Boardman, but I am only 5.1 feet and the small size feels a bit funny (apart from quite heavy!). Cheers

Cycleops

Legendary Member

13 rider

Guru
Hi I have recently bought a 13 intutive alpha hybrid and have riden it for 6 weeks and done 300 plus miles no issuses with bike at all and I am more than happy .shops are not stocking and they have to be ordered in I bought it rather than a Boardman as I wanted something different. If you like it go for it .A staff member in my Leicester branch had riden all the range for vidios and was full of praise for them and he did seem to now what he was talking about.

13 rider

Guru
Yes Cycleops I know halfords get a bad rep on here but I have found a decent store with staff who are proper cyclists ( I seen their strava data) and a mechanic who obliviously knows his stuff

U

User19783

Those kind people at Halfords, done me a good deal,.
Can't wait to get out and do some good miles.
IMG_20170106_161026.jpg

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...goryId=165710&productId=1044065&storeId=10001

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@User19783 another new bike ?

U

User19783

I will take the bike for a test ride tomorrow, then do a bit fettling,
I bought the bike mainly for commuting, ,
Mudguards will be fitted and I might put on a rack

Top Bottom