13 Innate cyclocross bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User19783

It will be interesting to compare the Genesis CDF to the 13,
My Genesis is a 52 and the 13 is a 54
So i shall my usual loop around Oxford, 27 miles on the Genesis first, then take out the 13.
I am getting excited:hyper:

U

User19783

Your man cave must be getting rather full these days , enjoy
It is, I must start moving a few bikes on,.
Btw
I haven't told my other half yet, as I've got so many bikes, I don't think she would know, especially when I get all dirty.

U

User19783

are you saying getting dirty with the other half or ...........:laugh:

How is blue planet x going ?

Great, :okay:
I use the PX on Monday's,
The only problem is toe overlap, but it's not a real issue.

Have you still got your PX?

U

User19783

Went out for my first ride today, 24miles at 16mph, not bad, but I felt I had to work hard to achieve that average mph, but that could be down to me, (just finished doing night shift)

Right,
during the winter months, I only ride three bikes, Genesis CDF, Planet x London road, Giant Defy, as there all have mudgards, so I was looking to add a fourth bike, hence why I bought the 13.
The original price was £499, I paid, £280, a great deal on a new bike.

I did a bit of fittling this morning, and I am please to say, the bike fits me like a glove, perfect, no toe overlap issue.

Unfortunately I can't find anything to fault with the bike, the Claris chainset is highly underrated, the disc brakes worked without any problems, the seat is comfortable,the same as Boardmans, Carrera bikes, the stock tires was the only let down, but that's down to my choice.

To be honest, the bike highlighted how lazy I've become, not having ridden my fixed wheel bikes for a while, and only riding bikes with 20gears or more, and the cassettes being close ratio, the 13, with a 8 speed cassette wide range, made me either spin or push harder on the pedals, which made me feel like working hard, which is good,in a way, as all my riding is for training.

So my plan for the future is,
Replace the tires
Fit mudguards
Remove inner/Cross brake levers.
That's it.

I am glad I bought it.

IMG_20170107_113941.jpg

Top Bottom