13 Intuition Alpha Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wardy_uk

A bit late to the party - but I've got the Intuition Alpha... so it may not help the OP now, but for anyone else searching for the bike... to say I had teething problems is an understatement.

Dont get me wrong - I LOVE the bike - its a massive upgrade from my Triban T5a, and when its good, its very very good.. but when its bad, well.. you know how it goes.

I'm on my second bike so far - and I suspect that much of my problems are down to teh Halfords staff rather than the bike itself.

Bike 1 ways replaced after 250km with a very noisey BB... 4 or 5 attempt to "fix" it by the shop (stripping down, new BB, stripping down again, refitting etc) failed to make any difference and in the end the store put it down to a "bad frame" so got a new bike.

Within 20km that was doing the same - but after 2 refits - touch wood - the BB's been silent. I'm just shy of 250km on this bike, so getting nervous - so fingers crossed.

The two biggest issue remaining are a very annoying buzzy/rattle coming from the stem area (which I cant figure out) and very poorly designed crank area on the chain side. If your chain comes off, be prepared for damage to the frame - mine came off first ride due to poor Halfords set up, and the gap is just wide enough for the chain to jam in between the crank and the frame.

Aside from that though - the bike flies! Its a different geometry than I'm used to and with over 3500km on the Triba, I'm still getting used to it.. steering is VERY responsive, and for some reason, I just feel more nervous cornering at speed on it - but its a very comfy ride, the power transfer is fantastic (feels like every watt is being used) and its light as a feather... I do love it despite the problems.

Fit wise - its very close to the Boardman bikes - so if you cant try the 13, try one of those instead...

OP
OP
thunderlips76

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
i literally purchased a boardman pro carbon a week agto, for 699 one off sale. it's a weapon. hope yours stays in shape for you.

Top Bottom