13mm cone spanner Coventry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I need a second 13mm cone spanner to service an internal gear hub. I'm going to be in Coventry tomorrow (Seven Stars Industrial Estate, near the big Asda and Matalan) and wondering if there is a bike shop not too far away that might stock the spanner. Alternatively anywhere between Coventry and home (Lichfield). Calling @dave r .

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm not overly familiar with that side of the city. You could try Ride at 6 Holbrook Lane, or there's a Halfords on Foleshill Rd, its at the bottom not far up from the ringroad.

http://www.ridecoventry.com/ride-store-coventry/

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
Thanks, Dave. I'll do some ringing round. Is there anything you think might have one on your side of the city - I could go home via the M6?

D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks, Dave. I'll do some ringing round. Is there anything you think might have one on your side of the city - I could go home via the M6?

Only Ride, though just up from Halfords is Hawk cycles, but I wouldn't expect them to stock that spanner.

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
Hi @dave r and Biggs682, managed to get sorted. Picked up some combination cone spanners in Halfords. Not the best quality but they will do the job, I hope. Thanks for your help, both of you.

Sam the bike mechanic there was really helpful, listening to my tales of woe about the strange things that my bike is doing.

Now to the hard bit of actually taking the hub internals out....

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi Biggsy, that's very big-hearted of you. I will look for one on my travels today and if I don't find one I will take you up on your kind offer.

No probs

Top Bottom