14th, 15th & 16th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Blimey, against all odds I've got a 48 hour pass on these dates (everyone is at Cub and Beaver Camp including Mrs. KH). Any formal or informal rides going on?

From memory I think there was a couple of 100 mile Sportives around this date, so these are a possibility.

Mega party at the Gherkin - cycling around the corridors fuelled by <insert choice here>? :biggrin:

"Manningtree Mon Amour" Chris - how about that? :thumbsup: Followed by a couple of days thawing out...

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Aperitif said:
Mega party at the Gherkin - cycling around the corridors fuelled by <insert choice here>? :thumbsup:

"Manningtree Mon Amour" Chris - how about that? :ohmy: Followed by a couple of days thawing out...

Man after my own heart. :biggrin: It would be a complete waste if I can't beat my 117.9 miles (courtesy of Arallsopp Garmin ) this year.

Hope you're on the mend Martin.

ChrisKH said:
Man after my own heart. :biggrin: It would be a complete waste if I can't beat my 117.9 miles (courtesy of Arallsopp Garmin ) this year.

Hope you're on the mend Martin.

That's a lunchtime jolly in "ara'sworld" these days.
Disastrously Chris, there is no noticeable change in my "looks" :ohmy:

I think you need a dose of The Jolly Farmer - mike e will organise this. :thumbsup:

OK We're cycling to Manningtree station for a midday piss up lunch and then cycling to London, towards Chris's, then maybe topcat's bird sanctuary, or, with perhaps 'afternoon tea' at the squaddie's Kebabbery at Shenfield.
No flouncing around boring Essex villages and jam factories, but maybe a detour via Rotterdam or Ostend if unlucky! :blush:

33e76l1.jpg

Plenty of fast, lumpy A roads available, should anyone fancy getting accreditation to 'time-served Mouseketeer'

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
^^^ sounds a good plan indeed

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
15th May works for me. Crikey you lot don't need much prompting do you!!!!

I'm happy to do a there and back (via Ostend if needs be ;)) from London or outskirts. It would make a nice change.

Note to self: Pack spare tyre this time. :biggrin:

All newcomers (and old timers) welcome.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
OK We're cycling to Manningtree station for a midday piss up lunch and then cycling to London, towards Chris's, then maybe topcat's bird sanctuary, or, with perhaps 'afternoon tea' at the squaddie's Kebabbery at Shenfield.
No flouncing around boring Essex villages and jam factories, but maybe a detour via Rotterdam or Ostend if unlucky! ;)

Plenty of fast, lumpy A roads available, should anyone fancy getting accreditation to 'time-served Mouseketeer'

I did work out quite some time ago when planning an adventure, that Staines to Amsterdam is easily do-able in just over a day, so Rotterdam, and all those lovely windmills are easily acheivable!

*checks diary*..

Yup, am free!:biggrin::biggrin:

Davywalnuts said:
I did work out quite some time ago when planning an adventure, that Staines to Amsterdam is easily do-able in just over a day, so Rotterdam, and all those lovely windmills are easily acheivable!

*checks diary*..

Yup, am free!:biggrin::biggrin:

It'll be nearly five months since you got back from holiday Davina - will the 'bump' not be showing a little? :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
It'll be nearly five months since you got back from holiday Davina - will the 'bump' not be showing a little? ;)

Nope, not by then! Almost breaking my saddle and breaking my spd-sl's paid due to that missdemeaner..
:smile:

mike e

hey all,

I'm quite liking the sound of an excursion down to my 2nd home in May...;), Unfortunately I cannot make the Bank Holiday day rides. I notice Auntie Helen has a ride planed for Saturday 8th May and there's plans for Saturday 15th May as well. I'm one or t'other but to take advantage of cheapo train deals I need to be booking sooner than later.

AH - I can be at Manningtree station for 09:51 and leaving at 17:31, could this work for your ride? I know it's a long way off to plan but ????

For the following week I can be at KX at 8am and leave KX at 8pm ????

Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Sig SilverPrinter

mike e said:
hey all,

I'm quite liking the sound of an excursion down to my 2nd home in May...;), Unfortunately I cannot make the Bank Holiday day rides. I notice Auntie Helen has a ride planed for Saturday 8th May and there's plans for Saturday 15th May as well. I'm one or t'other but to take advantage of cheapo train deals I need to be booking sooner than later.

AH - I can be at Manningtree station for 09:51 and leaving at 17:31, could this work for your ride? I know it's a long way off to plan but ????

For the following week I can be at KX at 8am and leave KX at 8pm ????

Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

For AHs rides I think we've got back later than 17.30, the 1st Manningtree ride I got back at 1.30am:biggrin:

Top Bottom