15 Minute Sponge Pudding And Custard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just made a syrup sponge pudding using the microwave. Three and half minutes of nuking and the rest mixing it all up. Mrs McG made the custard which was yummy too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/165/microwave-sponge-pudding.aspx/amp/

I didn't take a pic of the sponge but that's where it was.

20171009_201422.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Slow food is better.

[QUOTE 4991314, member: 259"]Microwaves are amazing for steamed puds. ...[/QUOTE]
No, no, no!

I'm not a complete Luddite - there is one thing (but ONLY one) that comes out of a microwave better than the equivalent "slow-cooked" (as in real-cooked :whistle:).

And that is fish. On one condition, that it was so damned fresh that the beast was winking at you on the fishmonger's counter! [swoon]:hungry:[/swoon]

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Miss Goodbody has splendid sponge puddings.. I supply the custard, usually, though I've heard the Verger occasionally comes up with some.

A thread about the discovery that microwaves are really fast? I know that northerners are years behind us but is this 1983 and I've missed something?

In next weeks exciting thread we'll learn about a device that can record a program on tv to watch it later.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Also, how fast are you eating the main course if you want dessert 15 minutes later? Although I see that some of that is prep so you've actually only three minutes to serve and eat, or you're getting up halfway through a meal to cook more :wacko:

If you serve and eat the main more quickly than the half hour or so to cook a pudding properly, that's good time to relax and talk to your family. And as usual for this forum, if you say you haven't enough time for that, try getting up earlier ;)

Top Bottom