:-/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Could you get away with a folder?

Last edited:

Dommo

Veteran
Don't let them defeat you! If all else fails, get yourself an old bike that you don't mind parking outside.Even and old bike parked outside that might not look that nickable can still be a good commute bike as long as it's well maintained.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
That's a bugger, I presume there is nowhere else to keep it?

Are you part driving/riding at the moment? if so could you drive completely to work, go for a ride and park the bike in the car? I know it sounds daft but you will still be able to get a few miles in and it will point out how stupid the company are for not looking after you.

Alternatively can you fight the noises?

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Can you leave it in someone else's office?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I could look into getting a cheaper bike and leaving it in the wheel benders at the other end of the site. Given the distance of my commute though I would be reluctant to buy to heavy a bike and would have problems storing it in my flat :-/
This is why i use a self built carrera , compared to some of the bikes in the rack that cost a lot and are secured by something you can chew through with your teeth mine looks not so attractive and double locked .
With the rack it comes in at about 10 kg, not a lightweight but luggable.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I could look into getting a cheaper bike and leaving it in the wheel benders at the other end of the site. Given the distance of my commute though I would be reluctant to buy to heavy a bike and would have problems storing it in my flat :-/
Folder still fits the bill at flat and work. Not as fast as a roadie but they're leggy enough for a longer ride. Edit: Airnimal, fast and kind of foldy.

Otherwise, Are you likely to get any joy through premises manager or any workplace policies on Sustainable travel/green credentials/less car dependence to improve the parking and storage facilities to your need and satisfaction.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I may look into a folder or a cheap bike but out of necessity cut down my commuting distance :-(. I am still drive/cycle. Driving all the way defeats the purpose for me @Supersuperleeds though :-(
I'm not actually sure who is making the noises but my Director let me know nicely, so I'm guessing its other directors @ianrauk My director does seem to appreciate my predicament however :-/

Top Bottom