:-/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My old boss from a couple of jobs ago used to moan about me leaving my bike in the office. He'd bleat on about 'dripping oil' and other such nonsense, i ignored him and kept bringing it in... it wasn't anyone's way and i kept it clean and it didn't drip oil or anything else on the floor. Eventually i was made redundant.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Having been made redundant 5years ago, that's one of my biggest @MontyVeda :-/

I'm looking at Montagu 700c folding bikes but I'm not sure if a 700c wheel will fit under my desk. Has anybody any experience of Montagu?

Tell them that if they're not prepared to get proper and safe bike sheds
AND showers and decent changing facilities, whilst you're at it, they can shove it and you'll take your skills elsewhere where you will treated with respect. :smile:

Failing that, I hope it sorts itself out to everyone's satisfaction.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@HLaB make friends with the cleaning department: there may be a boiler room/cleaning cupboard you could put your bike in.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Could you explain part of the reason is the lack of safe secure parking near your office and ask them to install a Sheffield stand?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
@HLaB how many other cycle commuters are there at work ? I used to store my bike in our tank room :/ I had the key of course but eventually we were told to leave outside. Where is it you store the bike at the moment? Can they provide somewhere secure on the premises ? Or is this just pure devilment on behalf of some w....ker. You know if only businesses looked at the facts of active travel and see the benefit, I bet if you looked at the sick records of employees and compared those against active travelers and those who sit on their bum to get to work you would spot a trend, I have at our place and its obvious the health implictions!

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
One other regular commuter I believe use the shower @MrGrumpy but there's usually (weather dependant) 3 or 4 bikes in the wheel benders when I visit that end of the site. I done my masters dissertation on the benefits of active travel and that benefit is widely recognised by folk writing policy, I just wish some folk would read it. Cycling England done some good pieces before they were axed in the cuts :-/

Top Bottom