17th April 2015 Night Ride to Whitstable Postponed to July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Room for a small one? Email on its way.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And now a brief musical interlude. (They're guys I know.)

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
After the success of the recent night ride to Brighton I am looking forward to this. There is a small issue with the trains due to engineering works between Faversham and Rainham. However there is a pleasant 7.5 mile off road route, The Crab and Winkle Way to Canterbury where trains are available. Here are the original details.
As discussed earlier here, A small team are planning a London to Whitstable night ride on April 17th. Meet 11.30pm for a 12.00 start at Hyde Park Corner.

Halfway-stop will be at Strood, in a nice warm church hall where home made refreshments will be served.

We will be finishing at the wonderful Waterfront Restaurant in Whitstable and it may even be warm enough to enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the bay.

This won't be an official FNRttC, but a ride run as a Fridays ride. It will be in a similar spirit (no one left behind) and at similar pace. This also means that the club's annual membership fee of 2 pounds needs to be paid on the night, if you haven't already paid. You'll also need to be a CTC member. You can join as an associate member through the Fridays via this link, with the Friday's code being 90044140.

If you would like to participate please respond here and also send an email to deckertim at yahoo dot co dot uk. including your CTC number, full name and mobile and please also acknowledge you have read the basics.
We are aiming for about 50 riders on the ride, so entries will be given on a first come, first served basis.

Depending on when in the morning you get to Canterbury East it can be very busy at the Station with long queues for tickets. Do not worry, about one minute before the train arrives the gates are opened and everyone piles on and pays on the train.

Alternatively, keep drinking yellow or brown liquids in Whitstable untill the daytrippers have headed up to Mordor

After the success of the recent night ride to Brighton I am looking forward to this. There is a small issue with the trains due to engineering works between Faversham and Rainham. However there is a pleasant 7.5 mile off road route, The Crab and Winkle Way to Canterbury where trains are available. Here are the original details.

Although they're not advertising it, the trains are in fact running clockwise from Whitstable to Margate, then Ramsgate, then onto Dover and back to St Pancras. However it's a long, slow journey taking 2½ hours, even though they're using HS1 rolling stock. So I'd cycle the Crab & Winkle Way!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Following a FAIL on my Epic Abingdon - London - Brighton - Abingdon ride, I might just consider the same plan on the Whistabubble ride. Certainly a flatter return to Londinium. This is of course just wishful thinking right now and subject to the usual permission caveats: Work, Wife, Whippet, Offspring, Goldfish and having the replaced frame and running gear. Alternatively I may just get the coach to Londinium with the Brommie ..... and drink far to much brown beer ....
Choices choices .....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Point of order- at least according to the Network Rail route finder, it's Canterbury West station we'll be wanting, not Canterbury East.

Top Bottom