17th April 2015 Night Ride to Whitstable Postponed to July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Canterbury West is the one you naturally fall over when coming off the C&W way.
The route to Canterbury East is more convoluted.

Last edited by a moderator:

sagefly

Veteran
Bugger bugger can't make this ride, brother from home is in Barcelona this weekend and I have obligations to meet.

If it change s and he is in London I'll bring him along, but not likely

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Adrian C
Andrew F
Carl P
Claudine C
Dylan C (tbc)
Gordon P
Greg T
Ian R
Jason B
John M
User10571 B
Kim W
Malcolm S
Martin T
Olaf S
Phil W
Sonia W
Stuart A
Tim D

Last edited:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Following a FAIL on my Epic Abingdon - London - Brighton - Abingdon ride, I might just consider the same plan on the Whistabubble ride. Certainly a flatter return to Londinium. This is of course just wishful thinking right now and subject to the usual permission caveats: Work, Wife, Whippet, Offspring, Goldfish and having the replaced frame and running gear. Alternatively I may just get the coach to Londinium with the Brommie ..... and drink far to much brown beer ....
Choices choices .....

The Brommie would be the obvious choice.

Plus waterproofs...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yes please Trikedem. I'll send the details soon. Thank you setting this one up.

Edit: actually how long is this ride? If I add on the 7.5 miles to Canterbury, and the 3.5 miles from home to HPC, and the ride back from the London station to home at the end......how far off 100 miles would I be? Would it count with all those interludes and all??????

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Edit: actually how long is this ride? If I add on the 7.5 miles to Canterbury, and the 3.5 miles from home to HPC, and the ride back from the London station to home at the end......how far off 100 miles would I be? Would it count with all those interludes and all??????
70 miles or so. So you are going to be a bit short. Another option would be to ride back to Gillingham and take the train from there. That would be about 20 miles

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have just sent an email. Looking forward to a trip to the sea, although getting home could be a PITA.
@Trickedem since they merged the two threads your email instructions are now lost on page 2, you may want the @Moderators to put them back at the top of the thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Provided that I make it to the start I'll probably be riding back to Maidstone (or possibly beyond) over the Downs. I've done this before and it's a really nice ride (if rather hilly). Route here (Just ignore the bit at the end where I went down a path fit only for skilled MTB-ers, fell off into a barbed wire fence, got covered in mud and blood and then got lost. That's not part of my plan this time)

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Hi everybody. Thanks for your interest in this ride. There has been a lot of discussions behind the scenes because of the issues with the trains. After a lot of consideration I am going to postpone this ride until July 17th. Hopefully, by this time the trains will be back to normal, although the engineering schedule doesn't appear to have been published yet.
Anyway, that's the bad news out of the way. The good news is that a group of us will now be running a ride to Bognor on the 17th April. At this moment in time, the trains are planned to run on time and you can even buy discounted advance tickets!
I will be starting new threads for both of these rides.
Thanks for your understanding.
Tim

Top Bottom