18/11/13 - another HGV death in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Apparently not life threatening injuries, but still another cyclist, another HGV...
When will it end?

Apparently not life threatening injuries, but still another cyclist, another HGV...
When will it end?
Sorry to say there were two accidents today - the cyclist hit at lunchtime (this thread) was killed. Another cyclist was hit in Camden later on this afternoon - thankfully their injuries were not life threatening - http://www.camdennewjournal.com/new...paramedics-after-collision-camden-high-street
and
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24989985

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

RedRider

Pulling through
Another one awful close to home. another construction vehicle. Condolences to any friends or family reading.

By the looks the lorry was turning left into Albany from Walworth/Camberwell Rd. Impossible to say what happened from here. EXCEPT another construction vehicle. something's got to give.

I used to make that turn myself on a daily basis (take the park route from a slightly different direction usually nowadays.) I felt I always had to take a strong primary to make that turn safely and was often aware of vehicles on my right wanting to make the same turn.

I find Albany a horrible road to cycle. it gains and loses lanes along its length which in my view encourages road users to speed and take risks to gain position.

Last edited:

John90

Über Member
As RedRider noted above, Albany Road is a rotten piece of cycling, slightly improved recently by resurfacing, but littered with pinch points and large vehicles. And at either end you have Walworth Road or the Old Kent Road to look forward to. For anyone who has to travel that way, Burgess Park runs the length of Albany Road and since it has been refurbished is a delight to cycle by comparison.

RIP cyclist.

Shaun

Founder
I've removed some posts - if people want to discuss driver's hours or the hiring / running / conduct of HGVs and their drivers, please do so in a separate thread (there are existing threads in the Campaigning forum that would be more suitable); this thread is not a place for such disagreements.

Crankarm

Guru
I used to ride through this junction and area 15 years ago. It was awful then and no doubt still is. There were frequent shootings and murders around there. Really bad area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom