1935 Raleigh Golden Arrow Super Sport Project! Amazing condition!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadaboot27

Right so it's time to start the Golden Arrow thread. I bought this at a car boot sale for an absolute steal! Some one should call the police as Iv'e basically stolen it ahah. It's a 1935 Raleigh Golden Arrow Super Sport and it's in absolutely stunning condition for it age! It looks to me like it was bought new in 1935, used for about a year then spent the rest of it's life being dry stored and not used! You can tell it hasn't been messed about with and had work done or parts changed on it. Everything on it is totally original, down to every nut and bolt! It even has the original drum brake cables, Bell, Bluemels Pump, tool kit, trouser clips, everything! And the paintwork and decals are almost mint too!

Here is what it looked like as I bought it:

iphone5010.jpg

iphone5011.jpg

iphone5012.jpg

iphone5013.jpg

iphone5014.jpg

iphone5015.jpg

iphone5016.jpg

iphone5017.jpg

iphone5018.jpg

iphone5019.jpg

iphone5020.jpg

iphone5021.jpg

iphone5022.jpg

iphone5023.jpg

iphone5024.jpg

iphone5025.jpg

iphone5023.jpg

iphone5027.jpg

iphone5028.jpg

iphone5029.jpg

Attachments

• iphone5023.jpg
    iphone5023.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Today I got started on cleaning it up, I started off by taking the whole bike apart. I've never had to do this so carefully before! As Iv'e never had a bike this old, rare and in such good condition!

iphone5043.jpg

iphone5047.jpg

I got some of the parts cleaned up and put back on the frame, I also flipped the bars back round the way that they should be:

goldenarrow015.jpg

goldenarrow016.jpg

goldenarrow017.jpg

goldenarrow019.jpg

goldenarrow022.jpg

This is as far as I have got with it, I will get more done tomorrow and post up the progress. Let me know what you think :smile:

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

I bought it to do up and sell as it has a very small 21'' frame so I thought it would be too small for me. But I gave it a quick ride and it's actually quite comfortable, the frame is small but if I put the stem and saddle up high it fit's me quite well so I think this is defiantly a keeper!

Top Bottom