1935 Raleigh Golden Arrow Super Sport Project! Amazing condition!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Right, got some more work done on the Golden beast. Here just a few before and after pictures of the cleaning process.

I cleaned the mudguards up a bit using some T-cut, I only done this gently on the high areas to bring a nice shine to them and make them stand out a bit but I left some grime in the low areas to still keep a nice patina.

s5htjhaeh004.jpg

s5htjhaeh003.jpg

s5htjhaeh001.jpg

And here are some pictures of the rims, as you can see they polished up quite nicely! Unfortunately some parts of the rim are a lot more rusty and didn't clean up so well.

s5htjhaeh017.jpg

s5htjhaeh019.jpg

And I've now finished cleaning all the parts and have put the bike back together and it's pretty much about 95% done.

goldenarrowsupersport002.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport003.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport005.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport007.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport008.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport009.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport010.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport012.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport013.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport016.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport017.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport018.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport019.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport021.jpg

goldenarrowsupersport023.jpg

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

All I need now is some new tyre's and tubes and bearings and grease and it will be finished and ready to ride :biggrin:

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

This is now for sale if anyone is interested?

U

User42423

Today I got started on cleaning it up, I started off by taking the whole bike apart. I've never had to do this so carefully before! As Iv'e never had a bike this old, rare and in such good condition!

iphone5043.jpg

iphone5047.jpg

I got some of the parts cleaned up and put back on the frame, I also flipped the bars back round the way that they should be:

goldenarrow015.jpg

goldenarrow016.jpg

goldenarrow017.jpg

goldenarrow019.jpg

goldenarrow022.jpg

This is as far as I have got with it, I will get more done tomorrow and post up the progress. Let me know what you think :smile:

Truly spectacular!. I've got a similar machine in my own collection. It took me 4 years to renovate. So good on you.

Attachments

• goldenarrow022.jpg
    goldenarrow022.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom