1953 Holdsworth Cyclone Needs a lot of Love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
In terrible 70's hand painted brown with mostly 70's early 80's parts .

Date checked via frame number on drop outs which ofc I forgot to take a pic of!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That’s gonna need a lot of work.

Complete with Eveready light. I believe you can convert those to LEDs.

What a great project.

Full repaint job or just tidy up?

Have you moved the seatpost and stem yet? That saddle looks renovatable.

Keep or change gears and other kit?

So many questions. Keep us posted with pics.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
That’s gonna need a lot of work.

Complete with Eveready light. I believe you can convert those to LEDs. Landfill.

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It is a big job and common sense has dictated it's out of my budget and skillset so it's for sale at the local bike recycling project where it was found.
I'd rather it was done to a better standard than I can manage so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll pass along the details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have one of those!
The lugs are delicious. Mine doesn't have the lamp-holder on the fork and lost it's headbadge.
Mine's a 23" frame, 531 plain gauge, whippy as hell, but smooth as silk. Did a lot of miles on.
Good project and worth doing well....

It is a big job and common sense has dictated it's out of my budget and skillset so it's for sale at the local bike recycling project where it was found.
I'd rather it was done to a better standard than I can manage so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll pass along the details.
We get bikes like that at the recycling project I volunteer at. The others all like working on more modern stuff so I usually get those jobs.

We only sell at workshop, not online, and the boss won't lash out for resprays so they usually go for between £50 & £80 in good running order with the parts we can find around the workshop.

I have bought a couple over the years at staff discount because I couldn't resist the temptation.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Where is the local recycling centre please

Top Bottom