1955 Cyclists BFI Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What a lovely film. A bygone age, and hardly a car in sight.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
At the beginning, I like the way one rider got off his bike by swinging his leg over the handlebars. How many riders can do that?

pawl

Legendary Member
Went on one these rail trips from Loughborough Station with the Loughborough section of the C.T.C.

The destination was Shropshire I think Ludlow.From memory it must have been around the mid fifties.It was well attended by all sectors of Leicestershire C.T.C .

pawl

Legendary Member
No sign of Lycra Proper cycling shorts Back then it didn't matter what clothing we wore.I did draw the line at collar and tie and Argyle socks
Pass the energy gel fill my bottle with Sanatagen tonic wine I'm of out for a ride.

screenman

Legendary Member
At the beginning, I like the way one rider got off his bike by swinging his leg over the handlebars. How many riders can do that?

A lot of the older guys I know do that.

I took a canalboat up the Foxton Locks a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed a pint (actually a couple of pints) in the pub at the junction

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Real nostalgia fest . I particularly like the opening scene as watford was my home town as a child . When I started cycling quiet a few of the " old boys " still did the leg over bars dismount. Although when your 19 or 20 any one over 35 is old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom