1956 Claud Butler 'Rustoration'.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This guy has a few bike related videos if anyone is interested under the user name MonkeyShred.

simongt

Guru
Cracking work on that. Glad to see he didn't mess with the original framework. Must admit though, I'd have swapped for alloy rims; late fifties GB brakes & steel rims don't make for confident braking, especially in the wet - I recall those days all too well - ! :ohmy:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Really brilliant, great to watch the restoration, Apart from a lot of work i am sure the cost was very little and money very well spent. Looks like Claud is ready for another 60 years just wonder how many new Di2 carbon bikes will last as long?
The guy has a garage full of bikes and spare parts, so a lot of the time he can find items without having to buy them. Having said that he does occasionally push the boat out to get the original items and goes to great lengths when he does a 'proper' restoration. I believe he sells them afterwards, except for a few that he rides himself.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The guy has a garage full of bikes and spare parts, so a lot of the time he can find items without having to buy them. Having said that he does occasionally push the boat out to get the original items and goes to great lengths when he does a 'proper' restoration. I believe he sells them afterwards, except for a few that he rides himself.

Thought you were talking about me at first

Top Bottom