1957 Raleigh Trent Sports Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadaboot27

Hi, I have just bought 1947 Raleigh Trent Sports racing bicycle. This is the second one I have had and just like the first one this one is too small for me :sad: . I am about 6 ft 2 and I really struggle to find 1950's or older bikes that fit me. Here are some pictures of the bike as I bought it and some pictures of it all cleaned up. I think I'm going to keep most of the parts and try to find a larger frame to put them on. Or I may just sell the whole lot and just try to find another complete bike with a bigger frame size to restore. I absolutely love this specific model of bicycle and I wont stop searching until I have one that fits me!

Here's how it was when I got it:

Raleightrentsports007.jpg

Raleightrentsports009.jpg

Raleightrentsports010.jpg

Raleightrentsports011.jpg

Raleightrentsports013.jpg

Raleightrentsports015.jpg

And this is how it is now, some of the parts were either not original or unusable, I don't want to buy more parts to finish it until I know what im doing with it.

Raleightrentsports100.jpg

Raleightrentsports102.jpg

Raleightrentsports103.jpg

Raleightrentsports104.jpg

Raleightrentsports105.jpg

Raleightrentsports106.jpg

Raleightrentsports109.jpg

Raleightrentsports110.jpg

Raleightrentsports111.jpg

If anyone on here has a Raleigh Trent Sports frame that is too big for them, would you like to do a frame swap? That would absolutely make my day!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@shadaboot27 looks good and well done , i keep an eye open for these too but can never find one local

stevevw

Guru
I like the look of this. These only came in 21" and 23" if yours is 23" then i am afraid that's it. I have a 23" ladies Lenton Sports for my wife and strangely it has exactly the same graphics as your Trent except of course it says Lenton Sports and not Trent Sports with those little snowflakes at each end too. Lentons usually have Raleigh in that position and Lenton Sports down the seat tube. PM me your email and I will send you the appropriate pages from the 1957 dealer book.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice. How we used to deride bikes with Sturmey Archer gears in the sixties.

Simon barnes

Hi, I have just bought 1947 Raleigh Trent Sports racing bicycle. This is the second one I have had and just like the first one this one is too small for me :sad: . I am about 6 ft 2 and I really struggle to find 1950's or older bikes that fit me. Here are some pictures of the bike as I bought it and some pictures of it all cleaned up. I think I'm going to keep most of the parts and try to find a larger frame to put them on. Or I may just sell the whole lot and just try to find another complete bike with a bigger frame size to restore. I absolutely love this specific model of bicycle and I wont stop searching until I have one that fits me!

Here's how it was when I got it:

--------

If anyone on here has a Raleigh Trent Sports frame that is too big for them, would you like to do a frame swap? That would absolutely make my day!
I have a 23 inch all original bar handlebars trent sport if still needed

Attachments

• 20160229_124405.jpg
    20160229_124405.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom