1970s style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Yes, I realise that's a bit of an oxymoron. I suspect all this talk of GCSEs got me thinking back to my school days..

This one is, IIRC from my fifth form, the year I took O-levels (equivalent to GCSEs) but was possibly the year before.

Schoolphotosometimeinthemid-1970s.jpg

*giggle*

Then there was the school netball team...

TheNetballTeamBlythGrammarabout74-7.jpg

*snork* *giggle* *shriek*

:biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm trying not to think of the netball team leaping up and down with their legs apart, I can't afford another keyboard...:biggrin:

BTW, you were a bit of all right yourself.

Abitrary

wafflycat said:
Then there was the school netball team...

TheNetballTeamBlythGrammarabout74-7.jpg

*snork* *giggle* *shriek*

:biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Apart from that germanic uber-capitaine in the middle, that's the fittest netball team I've seen in a long time.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Apart from that germanic uber-capitaine in the middle, that's the fittest netball team I've seen in a long time.

Apart from the one on the left who looks like she's needing a pee...

If only I had been a few years older closer to you waffly...and less shy...and in an entirely different part of the country...(your life would have been miserable :biggrin:)

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Abitrary said:

Our captain was Gillian Smith and she was very, very fit and sporty.

We were, left to right, as far as Ic an remember..

Nicola (sitting)
Janet (sitting)
Karen (?) (standing)
Gillian (captain sitting)
Carol (standing - we were all jealous of Carol as being tall & blonde she got all the blokes lusting after her)
Heather (sitting)
Me, Helen (sitting)

The blokes never lusted after me. I was a brainy geek-type apparently.

Abitrary

Noodley said:
Apart from the one on the left who looks like she's needing a pee...

Don't care, she's 3rd fittest, after wafflycat and the sergeant on the right of the german capitaine.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Look how clean our kit is. Miss Brown, the PE teacher *insisted*our kit was *spotless* every week. At least once a week she inspected our kit, making sure gym shoes were whitened, that socks were clean, kit laundered & ironed... wor betide any girl whose games' kit did not come up to the requisite standard of cleanliness & tidiness. First time, you were told off, after that - detention.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Calm down folks..... got very few pics of me to hand as a kid - would need scanning in and stuff..ohh too much hard work....

Save you all from an almighty fright anyway !!

Noodley

You are "brave" waffles. My school pics are shocking...short fat dumpy kid at the back picking my nose/arse/ears (not usually in that order).

Top Bottom