1970s style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Noodley said:
You are "brave" waffles. My school pics are shocking...short fat dumpy kid at the back picking my nose/arse/ears (not usually in that order).

Brave? nah - in a silly mood, most certainly! I was the kid who never got a Valentine card, never got asked out on a date and on the odd occasion I did I was usually stood up. Never got asked to the school disco. I was academically bright and boys didn't like 'clever' girls. School photos are nver flattering - but are deserving of a good old giggle :biggrin:

Abitrary

Noodley said:
You are "brave" waffles. My school pics are shocking...short fat dumpy kid at the back picking my nose/arse/ears (not usually in that order).

yep, she is brave - but being cute as a button and having a geordie accent helps...

Noodley

It appears from recent "old" pics that waffly and baggy were overlooked but have flourished after leaving school...much the same as I :biggrin:;):biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

This one goes back even further. I'd be about nine and it was my first ever trophy won in competition for highland dancing. I won the novice category in a proper competition and was, IIRC, the youngest age to do so. I was chuffed to bits winning that. Problem was, I was joint winner with another dancer from a different dance school. She was older then me. 'We' got to keep the trophy for a year and she took the first six months - which was 'accidentally' extended to nine months. And on the trophy engraving, she had her name take up most of the space, which left little room for mine... My mother never forgave her mother... I just felt left out until I actually got my grubby paws on the trophy after a long, long wait.

Myfirsttrophy.jpg

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

It would be weird - if it was you. As that would mean you are me and that would be seriously weird as I am me and not you. At least I don't think I'm you :biggrin:

Abitrary

c'mon, turn the photo tardis the other way before we get to the nappy pictures. Surely an outrageously gorgeous and intelligent chick as yourself can do that?

Kovu

Über Member
wafflycat said:
It would be weird - if it was you. As that would mean you are me and that would be seriously weird as I am me and not you. At least I don't think I'm you :biggrin:

God its too late for a sentence like that to be processed in my head. :biggrin:

Top Bottom