1980's 'Aero' Ian May Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakedog

Hello All, Just hoping someone could offer some advice as to Ian May cycles I bought a new frame from Ian's shop prior to it sadly closing and have had it ever since, finally building it up 25 years after buying it. The frame is aero tubing with 531 chrome forks and campag drop outs the rest of the bike is built with original campag chainset and front mech ,modolo brakes and hinault saddle with newer shimano parts filling the gaps.I guess my question is does anyone wish to buy it whole or as a frame option prior to it going to ebay?
I would like to think this great bike would be of interest but do many people remember Ians bikes , I look forward to any information or interest and would be happy to provide photos

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Jakedog i thought my builds were long but 25 yrs is long

we need pics as it sounds scrummy

OP
OP
J

Jakedog

Hello biggs682 ,
Do you wish for the whole bike complete with the newer shimano bits on ie wheels on or just the frame or frame plus original campag 1980's bits which i will detail more with more pics if required? I can be flexible with price depending on what you would like

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
quick update . this arrived with me yesterday after doing a deal with @Jakedog .

its a fantastic looking machine and the aero profile tubing is unique i have never seen another one where all of the 3 main tubes are aero profile .

not ridden so far so cant comment on ride but fingers crossed should get a ride in over the weekend and will report back once ridden , not sure re modern wheels but not brave enough yet to fit a glorious set of Mavic gl330 and edco hubbed sprint wheels i have hanging around .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Mr Haematocrit of course i will might have to wait a few days till the rain stops though . at first i thought just the 3 main tubes were aero but no the rear stays are also aero .

a better description to under stand would be squashed rather than like the aero gas pipe Raleighs of yest a year .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
managed to get some pics today as sun nearly came out

imay1.JPG imay2.JPG imay3.JPG

Top Bottom