1980's 'Aero' Ian May Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just dragged this one out of the depths of the garage because its an Ian May it comes out in May to play , cant believe i have had this since October 2013 :smile:

Its had a few wheelset's over the years but other than that its still the same great bike and i am looking forward to getting some mile on it in 2017

IMG_20170502_200825865.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thought i would do some test commuting miles on this one as have planed to get s 40+ on it over the weekend , had to swap front wheel for afternoon commutes as a spoke went ping at some point

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Holy thread resurrection batman.

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a photo, but I saw an Ian May liveried shopper bike yesterday near Victoria station, most odd.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Holy thread resurrection batman.

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a photo, but I saw an Ian May liveried shopper bike yesterday near Victoria station, most odd.

There have been a few oddities come up over the years with Ian May decals on , never been able to find out more .

I can only presume they resprayed and then logo'd in the shop for what ever reason.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been clocking up the miles on this since fitting the alloy fork and modolo calipers and I am well pleased with the results except for the amount of grinding noise the front brake makes on first application so just swapped them for some Shimano Tiagra units with Clarke's pads and on first test all is good .

IMG_20180818_172000754.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Ian May is a talented bloke. Bike builder, astronomer, guitarist with Queen.

Top Bottom