1984 peugeot rear derailler positioning

Gmorn. I'm cleaning up my recent bike. Pic shows original derailler position, however after cleaning

• R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

See the recent Tannus thread and the link to other reviews at the bottom of the thread.
Tks for the info!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Gmorn I going to replace rear derailler its dated 1985 however I have only seen ones that are claw mount, mine is not. Does this matter and will it affect the gear shifting. It might be a stupid question but I feel safer checking first. View attachment 392175
Some of the 'claw' mounts will unscrew leaving a bolt that fits in the dropout threads however others are riveted.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

I actually found a tub of Mothers for .99 cents. Works ok with microfiber cloth. Its just tedious but I have the winter while I relocated to my cellar from the garage.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

The ones to look for have an allen key bolt, this one for instance can be removed from the 'claw' (Hanger plate)

View attachment 392190
Just got a Raleigh Super Record from California. Silver Blue, all original parts. Been looking for this one for some time. Found it on EBay for 90.00. This was my first ride in the early 80's. Mine was burgundy.

Top Bottom