1984 peugeot rear derailler positioning

Gmorn. I'm cleaning up my recent bike. Pic shows original derailler position, however after cleaning

• R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebuild1961

1227171257.jpg
0103180948.jpg
Befor and after positions.Second pic is after reassembly and obviously I did something wrong since the unit is not horizontal. Any help on this. Thanks. Also I don't get what the poll casting section is,so I just added the letter R to get on with my posting

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looks like the tension spring has slipped so try moving it up to the other notch

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Tks. I've tried using both notches and can't get to position it as shown in the first pic before I took it apart. Right now I'm gonna just continue finishing the rest of the bike so I can get this problem out of the process for now. I'm sure this can be corrected. Its just bugging the. check outta me that this happened. Tks for the reply.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Tks. I've tried using both notches and can't get to position it as shown in the first pic before I took it apart. Right now I'm gonna just continue finishing the rest of the bike so I can get this problem out of the process for now. I'm sure this can be corrected. Its just bugging the. check outta me that this happened. Tks for the reply.

you have to turn the spring all the way around not just down to the notch

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

K tks. After this ones done a friend gave me his old Iron Horse Zebra Metropolitan. That's next. Its all done, just need to replace rear wheel bearings.I'm only doing this bike since it all original and a good daily rider.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Next task is crank removal. Bearing decrease and total cleaning of entire unit. I guess its good to do since the bike has some age to it. Its winter time here and I relocated from my garage to my basement. So this is now my spot to work till spring time. I just need to get the right thin body sprocket to access the nuts that secure the crank assembly

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Wow, tks for that info. This is a great site, first day on it, so I'm gonna add another pic of a bike I picked up at a garage sale, older Kia Competition model, very dangerous bike to ride, looks like tubing is pressed in placed at the seams but it is all original and it is pretty much a wall hanger. I paid very little for this bit its all there and restored and its gonna hang on the wall where it belongs. View attachment 389898 View attachment 389898 View attachment 389898

I see different metric sizes on eBay. 14mm, 15mm. What size would be for the Peugeot?
Hello and welcome. I would suggest you measure it but i have seen american tape measures and they don't have mms, importing one that does have them and then buying the right one might be more expensive then just buying both.

Top Bottom